[Media-watch]

Sigi D sigi_here at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 17 10:44:44 BST 2003

 --- YvonneMarshall
<Brotherhoods at stevenston4.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: > Dear
List-Members,

> There is no attachment with this, it's just another
> rant.
>
> Where is the indignation that spurred the
> establishment of Media-Watch ?
>
> Where is the calmly-expressed anger of the majority
> who opposed the UK govt's stance on Iraq's invasion
> ?
>
> Where are the careful, patient analyses of the
> outpourings of the Hutton Inquiry ?
>
> Was Media-Watch not established to provide a forum
> for people with legitimate concerns about the
> predictable abuse of mass-media when 'war' became
> inevitable ?
>
> Why have the voices dimmed and died ?
>
> Did you concern yourself with media-watch ?
>
> What were your feelings when you did ?
>
> What has changed between then and now ?
>
> Is your life richer for having witnessed the
> travails of the New Labour Project ?
>
> Who would you choose to play Lord Hutton in the
> soon-to-be-trailed dramatisation of events ?
>
> Who authorised the strategy designed to release Dr
> David Kelly's name to the media ? Was it ;
>
> A:  Pam Teare
> B.  Geoff Hoone
> C. Kevin Tebbit
>
> How many Iraqi CIVILIANS are now deceased *as a
> result of the 'Coalition' Action against Iraq ?
> Is it :
>
> A:   7,000
> B:   15,000
> C:   37,000
>
> (*You can easily find sources which confirm any of
> these figures - go online and do the donkey-work
> yourself.)
>
> Purely personal note - I could, like many other
> folk, concentrate my time and energy on the
> fantastically simple, straightforward pursuit of
> money. I CHOOSE to get involved with projects like
> Media-Watch because I honestly believe that there
> are many many intelligent, well-qualified,
> influential people out there (even in a wee place
> like Scotland) who are utterly scunnered about
> what's happening and want to make a difference. If
> you are one of those people, or know someone who is,
> please show them this message and ask them to help,
> in whatever way they can, to broaden debate and
> start asking the questions that have to be asked
> (e.g. anything even vaguely 9/11-related)
>
> Scotland is sending young men and women to die in
> the Middle East. Scottish people are entitled to ask
> why.
>
> The 'war' they are fighting has not yet been
> justified.
>
> If you can help raise these questions, even in your
> own household, please do.
>
> Thank you for your attention,
>
> Ian, X

HI THERE DEAR IAN
I AM ORGANISING A CONFERENCE - ITS ABOUT MEETING OF
MINDS - COMPARING MIGRANTS EXPERIENCES ACROSS ETHNIC
GROUPS  AND WE HAVE PAPERS ABOUT MUSLIM MINORITY +
ASYLYM SEEKERS REFUGEES AND ALSO POETRY AND MUSIC AND
STUFF TO CONNECT ACADEMICS FROM QUITE DIVERSE FIELDS
AND TO LEARN ALSO WITH ART - TO OPEN OUR HEARTS AND
MINDS
I MEET SO MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE DOING THINGS -FOR PEACE
-
MY WRITER FRIENDS JUST PUBLISHED THEIR ANTIWAR STUFF
IN 'LINES IN THE SAND' - (ANTHOLOGY CHILDRENS STORY IN
SUPPORT FOR CHILDREN OF IRAQ) - THERE WAS A FESTIVAL
HERE WHERE I LIVE AND THE ANTIWAR PEOPLE WERE OUT IN
FORCE
WE ARE BEYOND THIS 'SHIT POLITICS' WE LIVE AND ACT AND
CHANGE AND TRY TO LEARN
ELVIS COSTELLO HAS A NEW CD OUT - LOVE SONGS - THESE
POLITICS ARE SO CORRUPT AND FOUL - NOBODY BELIEVES A
THING ANY MORE FROM THIS GOVERNMENT.
AND PEOPLE DO THINGS THEY BELIEVE IN - IT'S FABULOUS.
REMEMBER THE FEMINIST MOVEMENT? - THE PERSONAL IS
POLITICAL - SOMETHING IS HAPPENING ALONG THOSE LINES.
ANGER - I AM HOPPING FURIOUS HERE ABOUT BIGOTRY, AND
PEOPLE WHO BULLY AND FEEL NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT
THEY HAVE DONE.
 BUT ANGER DOENS'T CHANGE THIS, ACTION AND CREATIVITY
DOES.
AND MEETING OTHERS, SPEAKING.
WE NEED TO THINK - TO REFLECT ON OUR VALUES - REALLY
SIT DOWN AND THINK,
AND DREAM, AND DREAM OF PEACE "WHAT IS THE COLOUR AND
SHAPE OF PEACE THE TASTE".
AND MAYBE THIS COUNTRY IS AFRAID OF WHAT BAD IT HAS
DONE. IT'S CALLED DENIAL.
"I HAVE A DREAM..."CHANGED THE WORLD - NOT THE FAKE
LOGIC OF LABOUR LIGHT MARKETING DEPARTMENT
WITH LOVE AND RESPECT
MORE OF YOUR EMAILS PLEASE - THEY ALWAYS HELP ME TO
THINK...
SIGI