[Media-watch] Recommended

YvonneMarshall Brotherhoods at stevenston4.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Apr 12 22:34:16 BST 2003

Right now, the official numbers of 'coalition' fatalities are (approx) 105 US troops, 30 UK. The following link states that, as far as journalist-casualties are concerned, the numbers aren't that far behind  : 10 dead ; 2 dead in war-related 'accidents' ; 8 wounded ; 2 'missing'. Reports tonight (refer to whatreallyhappened.com) suggest that significant numbers of previously 'embedded' journalists are going independent, leaving their assigned positions. US spokesfolk have reacted by saying that 'they would rather it didn't happen.' Perhaps time for the Beeb and other UK-based broadcasters to recall their people ? Yes, we value their courage and continued presence in 'the theatre', but given that the US has openly stated that they are not safe, perhaps we should demand that they be brought home before they are 'executed' ?

Ian Brotherhood

I think you might find this of interest!       http://www.rense.com/general37/accu.htm