[BERG] Matsuzawa to talk in Stirling

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Fri Feb 10 17:09:31 GMT 2017

Dear friends and colleagues

I am delighted to announce that Professor Tetsuro Matsuzawa will be giving a presentation at the University of Stirling.

Professor Matsuzawa is famous for his research on chimpanzee cognition, combining a long-term study of chimpanzees in the wild and testing them in captivity (the Ai project).

His findings demonstrate the sophisticated cognitive abilities of chimpanzees that have had important welfare consequences (e.g. adding to the evidence underpinning changes to their use in research and testing).

Please also see http://matsuzawa.kyoto/cv/en/

Date - Thursday 16th March

Time - 4pm

Location -  2A73 in the Cottrell Building, University of Stirling

Title - SAGA: An attempt to promote the welfare of chimpanzees and other nonhuman primates in Japan

SAGA stands for Support for African/Asian Great Apes and their website is here: http://www.saga-jp.org/indexe.html

I attach a poster that I hope you might print out and put up, or please feel free to send this message around to colleagues.

Maps of how to get to Stirling are here:

http://www.stir.ac.uk/about/getting-here/

There will be an informal reception after the talk, and then we shall go out for dinner so please let me know if you'd like to join us.

You may also be interested in other talks in our Behaviour and Evolution Research Group seminar series - schedule here
http://www.stir.ac.uk/media/schools/naturalscience/psychology/documents/BERG%20Spring%202017.pdf

All good wishes, Hannah

Hannah M. Buchanan-Smith
Professor, Behaviour and Evolution Research Group (BERG)

Psychology, Faculty of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
Stirling, FK9 4LA
Scotland