[Phd-behsci] Reminder: Tomorrow's PhD Lab – Please read Chapter 4 of Doing Economics

Till Stowasser till.stowasser at stir.ac.uk
Wed Apr 3 13:44:00 BST 2024

Dear PhD Lab,

Below is the e-mail I sent yesterday. I realize now why nobody received it. I accidentally sent it to behsciphdlab at groups.stir.ac.uk<mailto:behsciphdlab at groups.stir.ac.uk> (which was automatically created by MSTeams) as this one is misleadingly abbreviated "BehSci PhD lab” in my e-mail app. Sorry about this!

You will have missed this:

The week after that is up for grabs if someone wants to present an idea/progress etc. Perhaps Julion or Maev? No worries if nobody wants to take the slot, we can also have a “regular” PhD Lab in which we hear equally from everyone.

In three weeks, I am gone for a conference (and I suspect the same will be true for quite some folk at the Econ division), so no lab.

In 4 weeks, I would like to tackle Chapter 5 (Finding funding). @Johanne: Would you be up for presenting this chapter?

In 5 weeks (the day before our Behavioural conference in Stirling), I would like Jasmine top present the paper (published recently in the AER) that will form the basis for her Study 2.

After that, we could switch to a monthly rhythm during the Summer break.

Here is the updated schedule for the rest of the term.

10/04/2024      Regular Lab
17/04/2024      No Lab: Scottish Economic Society Conference
24/04/2024      Jasmine: Heiss et al (2022, AER)
01/05/2024      Book Club Chapter 5 (Johanne)

Best,
Till