[Media-watch] Electronic Iraq News

David J McKnight david at milwr.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 16:11:03 GMT 2005

_______________________________

UPDATE FROM
ELECTRONIC IRAQ

http://electronicIraq.net
_______________________________

Opinion/Editorial
AMERICANS TALKING TO THEMSELVES IN FALLUJAH
Nigel Parry, Electronic Iraq (9 January 2005)

In recent weeks, residents of Fallujah who fled the
fighting in the city have been beginning to return, and
even those who have not lost family members are finding
utter devastation of their former lives. Fallujah, under a
strict dusk-to-dawn curfew, has no running water, sewage
system, or electricity, and that's just the utilities.
There is a good reason that the U.S. Administration would
want to discourage any focus on Fallujah. The city is a
disaster zone. eIraq's Nigel Parry comments.

http://electronicIraq.net/news/1770.shtml

>From sister site, The Electronic Intifada
PALESTINIAN ELECTIONS 9TH JANUARY: FULL COVERAGE
http://electronicintifada.net/bytopic/306.shtml

Action & Activism
ADDRESSING THE TRUE ROOTS OF TERRORISM
Mary Shaw, Electronic Iraq (8 January 2005)

The Bush administration keeps telling us that Osama bin
Laden and his al-Qaeda terrorist network attacked the U.S.
because "they hate our freedom." This is a very dangerous
misconception, and one that will continue to impede any
progress towards Middle East peace or winning the "war on
terror." They do not hate our freedom. They hate our
policies. While it may seem unlikely that the Bush
administration will face the facts and adjust its policies
accordingly any time soon, there are some things that we,
as citizens of the U.S. and citizens of the world, can do
to get the process started. Mary Shaw comments.

http://electronicIraq.net/news/1769.shtml

News & Analysis
IRAQ: HUMANITARIAN CHRONOLOGY 2004
Report, IRIN (5 January 2005)

An overview of the year of 2004 from IRIN.

http://electronicIraq.net/news/1768.shtml

News & Analysis
DEATH TOLL IN FALLUJAH RISING, DOCTORS SAY
Report, IRIN (5 January 2005)

FALLUJAH, 4 Jan 2005 (IRIN) - "It was really distressing
picking up dead bodies from destroyed homes, especially
children. It is the most depressing situation I have ever
been in since the war started," Dr Rafa'ah al-Iyssaue,
director of the main hospital in Fallujah city, some 60 km
west of Baghdad, told IRIN. The hospital emergency team
has recovered more than 700 bodies from rubble where
houses and shops once stood, according to al-Iyssaue.

http://electronicIraq.net/news/1767.shtml

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/