[Media-watch] ColdType January

Tony Sutton tonysutton at newsdesign.net
Mon Jan 10 15:48:40 GMT 2005

ColdType: url correction

I managed to get the url for ColdType.net¹s January offerings wrong ­ twice
­ in e-mails sent out to subscribers last night. The correct url is
http://www.coldtype.net

Sorry for my mistake.

Tony Sutton, Editor

--------------------

ColdType: January 2005

COVER STORY
The Secret Rulers of The World
For years, British writer Jon Ronson had heard tales of a clandestine band
of powerful politicians and industrialists who were said to be the real
rulers of the world, making and breaking presidents, contriving wars. Surely
they could not exist. And, if they did, could he find them? Find out in our
46-page excerpt from his book Them: Adventures with Extremists

PLUS
Two new essays by Joe Bageant
1. A Mean and Unholy Ditch: It¹s hard for liberals to grasp what a hateful
place much of America is. It¹s harder to admit that they are part of the
middle class and aren¹t going to take any risks in the battle for America¹s
soul.
2. Lafayette Park Blues: How could a country that embraced the idealism and
liberation of the sixties transform into an icon of global aggression and
oppression? Who imposed this lockdown?

And a 22-page interview with Bageant
California writer Richard Oxman chats with cult writer Joe Bageant about
Life, Politics and the Mad, Mad World of George W. Bush¹s America.

PLUS
And we¹re extending our subscribers¹-only FREE offer of Danny Schechter¹s
new book
We¹d like to say thanks for being a ColdType subscriber by giving you a
special end-of-year gift, a FREE copy of Danny Schechter's 300-page e-book,
Embedded: Weapons Of Mass Deception, which normally costs $US15 to download.
What are the catches? None. ColdType has no membership fees or charges of
any kind. We'll never ask you for cash and we won't sell your name to any
other list. But we will tell you when new stuff is going on line and we'll
make sure you're first in line for more exciting freebies.

Find all these items and much more at http://www.coldtype.net

PLUS
Don¹t miss our regular columnists George Monbiot, Norman Solomon, John
Pilger, Michael I. Niman and Uri Avneri

SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS
Subscribe by sending an e-mail, with the word SUBSCRIBE in the Subject line,
to editor at coldtype.net

Contact editor at coldtype.net if you'd like your name removed from this list