[Media-watch] another info request

YvonneMarshall Brotherhoods at stevenston4.fsnet.co.uk
Fri May 28 01:56:16 BST 2004

Dear Lesley & Colleagues,

Yes, it's me again, with yet another request that you reply to my previous questions.

(By the way, Lesley, please don't take these messages 'personally'  ! -  I'm sending them to the 'publicised' contact address because I want to be sure that you have a chance to see them, not only the high-heid yins who produce, edit, or otherwise 'vet' what gets to you - these messages are really directed to your 'bosses', whoever they may be, but it would be nice to think that you have a chance of clapping-eyes on them.)

My request is really quite simple - is there any way for plebs like me to get hard, accurate information about the LR Programme's guests over the past two years ? It seems that e-mailed messages such as this are not replied to - what then, should I do ?

I could pretend that I'm working on a Phd, and I really need access to such information. Would that help ? Is there any legal reason which prevents you replying to, nay acknowledging these requests ? All I'm looking for is a wee list of those guests who have been featured on the LR Programme in relation to the Iraq 'war'. I know that Jim Wylie, Eric Joyce and George Foulkes are certain to be among the top five 'pro-war' guests the programme has featured regularly since the Summer/Autumn of 2002. I'd like to know if I can get a definitive account of other guest speakers (not contributing listeners) whose views were aired during and since that same period.

That's all !

I can't imagine that such a list would be difficult to compile. If it is impossible - or forbidden - for any BBC staff to embark on such a task, perhaps you could advise as to accessibility for interested members of the public to tapes of the LR Programme covering the period mentioned ?

It really would be nice to get a reply ! No, honestly, it would be, and the longer the period between me making these requests and you people giving me a big 'rubber-ear', the greater the suspicion will be that the LR Programme, like so much other Post-Hutton BBC output, has somehow been compromised and weakened.

Know what I'm on about ?

Looking forward to a reply, just as I was weeks ago...

Best Regards, and keep up the great work !!!

Ian Brotherhood