[Media-watch] new war marketed: Iran and terrorists are linked in press

Sigi D sigi_here at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 11:59:27 BST 2004

Hello dear Media Watch Friends,
a new war is being marketed - if you put the words
IRAN  and TERRORIST LINKS into the google NEWS you'll
see what I mean.
We are also being fed with new terror threads
(especially from Australian newspapers)
And here in Britain we are told to stock up on beans
and spam (!).

The hindustan times (centrist indian paper) has a
different angle
http://www.worldpress.org/link.cfm?http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_907748,00050004.htm
http://www.worldpress.org/link.cfm?http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_907748,00050004.htm

Make people hysterical and afraid and they don't
think.
We were afraid when we were lied to about the 45
minutes threat. Remember the headlines then?
Now we are supposed to be afraid and eat spam??
That tops it all.
Go and see Michael Moore Fahrenheit 9/11 - brilliant -
and there is a good section about marketing wars, and
how politicians lie to people, to make them confused.
Lets all throw our tins of beans and spams on the
terrorists,
All the best
Sigi

___________________________________________________________ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun!  http://www.allnewmessenger.com