[Media-watch] ColdType latest

Tony Sutton tonysutton at newsdesign.net
Mon Feb 23 14:41:41 GMT 2004

COLDTYPE.NET / February 23

Check out the latest additions to our OtherVoices section:

31. THE HORRORS OF HAITI - The west's poorest country, stricken by poverty
and disease, is now on a journey into civil war and chaos, says David Pratt
(sundayherald.com)

30. THE NOT-SO-FUNNY FARM ­ Tony Blair is going to give Britain GM crops, no
matter how much the people object. What does that say about British
democracy? wonders Ian Bell (sundayherald.com)

29. SHARON'S DANCING BEAR ­ Once upon a time, performing bears would would
dance for the amusement of passers by. Looking at the Sharon-Bush
relationship reminds Uri Avnery of that the bear is still dancing
(gush-shalom.org)

28. KILL BILL! NO THRILL! ­ A South African critic is baffled by the
³referencing² by which the film borrows techniques from prior films so
filmgoers can have detective fun whispering, ³Look, Mabel! That¹s from
Slicing Off Noses, 1989.² If we in the print world ³borrow², we are called
plagiarists and sent to the back doors of restaurants, says Denis Beckett
(citizen.co.za)

27. REMAKING AMERICA IN WAL-MART'S IMAGE ­ Glen Ford and Peter Gamble
explain how the only competition that now exists among the corporate players
at the commanding heights of the American economy, is the race to determine
who can squeeze the workers first, and hardest. (blackcommentator.com)

Find all of these articles and many more at
http://www.coldtype.net/columns.04.html

------------------

PLUS ­ GO FIND ME A WAY TO DO THIS ­ How Blair and Bush Chose War and then
Chose the Justification
A 14-page essay by David Edwards, co-editor of Britain's MediaLens

Download GO FIND ME A WAY ­ at
http://www.coldtype.net/Assets.04/medialens.pdf

We're continually updating our columnists page on coldtype.net, so bookmark
http://www.coldtype.net/columns04.html and check daily for provocative and
relevant opinions.

NOTE: IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE INCLUDED IN  - OR REMOVED FROM - OUR MAIL UPDATES,
PLEASE CONTACT: editor at coldtype.net