[Media-watch] Jonathan Freedland / Speaking / Stirling University / 22 October

Darren Smith {Psych} d.j.smith at stir.ac.uk
Tue Oct 21 16:15:40 BST 2003

This year's Hetherington Memorial Lecture at Stirling University will be
given by journalist, author and broadcaster Jonathan Freedland on 22
October. Freedland was named Columnist of the Year in the 2002 What the
Papers Say annual awards. He will give the annual public lecture, organised
by the Stirling Media Research Institute, on Wednesday 22nd at 5.30pm.
(http://www-fms.stir.ac.uk/news.html)

I believe Freedland's talk will be about "Media and Peace". If people can go
along, it could be worth getting Freedland to answer for his general
pro-Israel columns in the Guardian. For instance, here is a recent letter
sent in to the Guardian by John Pilger, in response to another typically
awful Freedland column:

--

(http://www.guardian.co.uk/letters/story/0,3604,1059901,00.html)