[Graduate-research-list] FW: eSharp Call for Papers: Orality and Literacy

Kathryn Cook k.e.cook at stir.ac.uk
Mon Sep 24 10:12:48 BST 2007

Dear All
eSharp have extended their call for papers!

eSharp  - Call for Papers, Issue 10
EXTENDED DEADLINE  15 October 2007

eSharp is an award-winning online journal for postgraduates in the
fields of arts, humanities, social sciences and education. It is
peer-reviewed, based at the University of Glasgow and aims to provide a
critical but supportive entry into the world of academic publishing.

The deadline for Issue 10: Orality and Literacy is now 15 October 2007.
We are pleased to announce we will continue to take article submissions
until this date, for publication in early 2008.

Issue 10 will explore the evidential and cultural significance of
orality and literacy. This follows the AHRC/GSAH funded international
conference 'The Cultural Value of Oral History: A Cross-Disciplinary
Perspective', University of Glasgow, 24-26 July 2007,
(www.gla.ac.uk/conferences/oralhistory).

Topics may include, but are not limited to:

* theory and practice of oral history
* history and significance of literacy
* logocentrism
* aurality
* relation of literacy to orality
* gender and literacy/orality
* disability and literacy/orality
* ethnicity and literacy/orality
* cultural and evidential values of the oral or written record *
silences * education and research methods * memory and literacy/orality
* the visual and literacy/orality * political and ethical issues related
to orality/literacy * literary theory * speech and language

We welcome papers from postgraduates working in all areas of the Arts &
Humanities, the Social Sciences and Education.

Articles of between 4,000 and 6,000 words should be submitted by 15
October 2007.

Please ensure that you accompany your submission with an abstract of
200-250 words and a list of 3-5 keywords to indicate the subject area of
your article.

For a full list of guidelines and our style sheet please see
www.sharp.arts.gla.ac.uk/styleguide.php. All submissions should be sent
to sharp at arts.gla.ac.uk.