[Graduate-research-list] See what UK Grad can do for you!

Natalie Bradshaw natalie.bradshaw at stir.ac.uk
Thu Jul 10 13:00:04 BST 2003

Dear All,

As mentioned before, representatives from the UK GRAD programme will be
visiting the University next week to tell you about their resources to help
you complete your research degree on time.

*	5pm
*	Court Room
*	15th July
*	Crisps & wine*
*	Come along!

As well as the external residential GRADschools, and the resources available
online, Stirling is hoping to host a UK GRAD Team and Research Group
Development course on campus in the next academic year (free to all
students). This is your chance to find out what UK GRAD can do for you, and
tell them what you want them to do!

Online resources include: Identify your strengths and solving problems,
Managing your research, Planning your career , Marketing yourself to
employers, Effective organisation and practical hints for thesis writing,
Time management for PhD students, and many more...
Here's what other students have said about UK GRAD:

'90 highly disbelieving and cynical students, gathered in a conference room,
wondering exactly what we were doing there and how the week ahead could
possibly fulfil all the wild claims of the publicity. Five days later we
returned home inspired, motivated and bursting with confidence about our
abilities and the future'.
'I never thought that I could learn so many things about myself: the way I
work and how to improve, in such a short time. Even though I was quite
cynical about the whole thing to start with, I realise that it has helped me
a great deal.'
'It probably made the difference between finishing and not finishing, and
certainly made my third year bearable.'
'It was almost entirely because of the course that I researched, applied for
and got my current job. The skills I learned at the school were
exceptionally useful at the selection stages.'
'It highlighted the fact that I had already learned skills that were useful
across different work areas and helped to show ways in which I could present
these skills to a potential employer.'
'DON'T LISTEN if you are told you can't afford the time: you can't afford to
miss this course'.

If you have not already reserved a place for this - mail ukgrad at ed.ac.uk
with your details today!

(NB - please note that you are required to RSVP by email even if you have
received an invitation through the post)

Natalie.

Natalie Bradshaw
Research Services Officer

Planning & Research Office, University of Stirling, FK9 4LA
01786 466691
natalie.bradshaw at stir.ac.uk

*(soft drinks also provided)