[Face-research-list] Society for Affective Science 2020 Conference!

Jolie Wormwood jbwormwood at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 15:30:11 BST 2019

Greetings, I hope this message finds you well!

I am writing to you regarding the Society for Affective Science and its
annual meeting, which will take place at the Parc 55 Hotel in San
Francisco, CA on April 23-25, 2020.

As a regular attendee and a member of the membership and outreach
committee, I encourage you and your trainees and students to attend!
Personally, I and my students have found SAS to be an excellent venue for
presenting research, and we find the interdisciplinary nature of the
program to be uniquely beneficial.

Below, I outline exciting highlights from the upcoming meeting and
opportunities for you and your students to submit abstracts for symposia,
flash talks or posters.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  I hope to see you at the
2020 SAS meeting!

All the best,

Jolie

Jolie Baumann Wormwood, PhD

Assistant Professor of Psychology

422 McConnell Hall

15 Academic Way

Durham, NH 03824

——

*SAS 2020 Registration and Call for Abstracts*

*San Francisco, CaliforniaParc 55 HotelApril 23-25, 2020*

The Society for Affective Science (SAS) is pleased to announce its call for
submissions of abstracts to be considered for its 2020 Annual Conference.
The 2020 SAS conference will take place at the Parc 55 Hotel in San
Francisco, CA on April 23-25, 2020.

*Program Highlights*
We’re excited to announce that this year's program includes a Presidential
Symposium on affect in politics featuring Morteza Dehghani, Nathan Kalmoe
and Robb Willer, TED style talks by Lasana Harris, Dacher Keltner, Kristin
Lagattuta, Mathew Nock, and Jamil Zaki, and Invited Flash Talks by
James Cavanaugh,
Aaron Heller, Lori Hoggard, Jessica Lougheed, Emily Mower Provost, Nilam
Ram, Gal Sheppes, and Yukiko Uchida. Presentations will be featured in an
interesting array of sessions of varying formats.

*Abstract Submission Formats*
We welcome abstract submissions that describe new research within the
domain of affective science. In line with our goal to facilitate
interdisciplinary advances, we welcome submissions from affective
scientists in any discipline (e.g., anthropology, business, computer
science, cultural studies, economics, education, geography, history,
integrative medicine, law, linguistics, literature, neuroscience,
philosophy, political science, psychiatry, psychology, public health,
sociology, theatre), working on a broad range of topics using a variety of
measures. *Authors at all career stages – trainees, junior faculty, and
senior faculty – are encouraged to submit an abstract according to three
presentation formats as follows:*

1. A *poster* on any topic within the domain of affective science
2. A *flash talk* showcasing affective science research (open to all career
stages and disciplines).
3. A *Symposia* providing an in-depth perspective on individual research
areas/topics within affective science.  *This is a NEW submission format
that we are excited to offer for SAS 2020!*

*Deadline for Receipt of Abstracts*
Abstracts must be submitted by Friday, November 8, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Baker
Island Time (BIT; UTC-12 --- the last timezone before the date line) to be
considered for inclusion in the program. Please review the *abstract
submission instructions
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__society-2Dfor-2Daffective-2Dscience.org_conferences_2020-2Dsas-2Dannual-2Dconference_abstracts-2Dguide-2Dsubmission_&d=DwMFaQ&c=c6MrceVCY5m5A_KAUkrdoA&r=mwCdWdb43HnJ2JuUDY_YRsY__4bVZfFY-8HhqeT3bvI&m=soAUcFHRjh4grLPBJNwzd1F24g_cdNzxJqUJLc3jZ58&s=Ix5SsrBRMI-7o5Bu3DZ-FG2gmwpP2SHV_1bpe3sM5u0&e=>*
 carefully.

*Selection Process*
Abstracts will be evaluated on the basis of scholarly merit by blind peer
review. Poster and Flash Talk abstracts with trainees (i.e., postdoctoral
fellow, graduate student, post-baccalaureate, undergraduate student) as
first author will be considered for an award based on further in-person
evaluation at the conference. Awards will be announced at the conference
during the closing ceremony. All presenters must register and pay to attend
the meeting. Notification of acceptance or rejection of abstracts will be
e-mailed to the corresponding author by mid-January 2020. Presenters must
be the first author on the submitted abstract.

*We hope to see you at SAS 2020 in San Francisco!*