[Face-research-list] dynamic face expression database

Christian Wallraven wallraven at korea.ac.kr
Sun Jun 3 03:01:34 BST 2012

Dear Sharon,

here's a somewhat shameless plug for our just published database. It contains >50 expressions from 20 actors at two intensities and from three camera angles (Resolution is PAL). The database is NOT FACS-coded (yet), and we'd love help and pointers for doing so. There are two sets of validation experiments published with the database as well.

K. Kaulard, D.W. Cunningham, H.H. Bülthoff, and C. Wallraven (2012). The mpi facial expression database - a validated database of emotional and conversational facial expressions.PLoS One.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0032321

Also, in case you are interested, here are two previous papers on dynamic expression recognition from our lab.

D. W. Cunningham and C. Wallraven. Temporal information for the recognition of conversational expressions. Journal of Vision, 9(13):1-17, 12 2009.
M. Nusseck, D. W. Cunningham, C. Wallraven, and H. H. Bülthoff. The contribution of different facial regions to the recognition of conversational expressions. Journal of Vision, 8(8):1:1-23, 06 2008.

Best
Christian