[Face-research-list] Lecturer in the Biological Basis of Behaviour at Australian National University

Elinor McKone elinor.mckone at anu.edu.au
Tue Jul 24 01:07:07 BST 2012

Hi all,

We have a 3 year faculty position available at ANU. I think the
department will consider a very broad range of research areas as
suitable, and personally I would be extremely happy to have a face
person join us   : )

Also note the Head says he is flexible about the (very tight) closing
date -- if you want to apply but won't make the official deadline,
then please send me a quick line so we know to wait for your
application.

Best,
Elinor

> Lecturer in the Biological Basis of Behaviour (A334-12MY)
>
> http://jobs.anu.edu.au/PositionDetail.aspx?p=2823
>
> Department of Psychology, School of Health and Psychological
> Sciences, ANU
> College of Medicine, Biology and Environment
>
> Lecturer (Level B - 3 year contract) in the biological basis of
> behaviour -
> An opportunity to join an outstanding school.
>

> Location: Canberra/ACT
> Term of Contract: Fixed Term of 3 Years
> Grade: Level B
>

> Salary Package: $83,773 - $95,407 pa plus 17% superannuation
>
> <http://info.anu.edu.au/hr/Salaries_and_Conditions/Salaries/
> index.asp> View
> Academic Salary Information...
>

> Closing Date: 29 July 2012
>

> Position Overview
>
> The Research School of Psychology seeks a talented and enthusiastic
> researcher and teacher for a contract appointment of three years in
> the area
> of the biological basis of behaviour. The principal need is to
> ensure that
> students undertaking degrees in psychology are provided with a
> contemporary
> coverage of evidence based learning in the biological basis of
> behaviour.
> The Department currently offers two courses in the area, one at the
> second
> year level (PSYC2007) and the other at third year (PSYC3016) - the
> successful candidate will be required to take full responsibility for
> PSYC2007 and to coordinate PSYC3016, with the major teaching
> commitment
> coming from other areas in the University. The conduct of a strong and
> internationally recognised research program is an essential feature
> of the
> position. Supervision of the research of honours and panel
> membership of
> supervision panels for PhD students in the Research School of
> Psychology
> forms an important part of this requirement.
> Excellent opportunities are available for collaborative work with
> other
> parts of the ANU, including the Research School of Biology, the John
> Curtin
> School of Medical Research, and the Centre for Mental Health Research.
>
> Enquiries: Professor Don Byrne Telephone: +61 2 6125 3974 Email:
> Don.Byrne at anu.edu.au
>

> Additional Information
>
> PEWER - Signed.pdf
> <http://jobs.anu.edu.au/Downloads/2823_20120706025625.pdf>
>

> Position description
>

> Responsible to
>
> Director, Research School of Psychology
>

> Role statement
>
> PURPOSE STATEMENT:
> A Level B Academic (Teaching and Research) is expected to make
> contributions
> to the teaching effort of the institution and to carry out
> activities to
> [...]
---
Professor Elinor McKone, PhD
Queen Elizabeth II Fellow