[Face-research-list] time course of adaptation

Peter Hancock p.j.b.hancock at stir.ac.uk
Thu Feb 23 10:23:29 GMT 2012

Dear all, over the years I have tried various face adaptation experiments, with mostly incoherent results, and watched puzzled as everyone else publishes neat little findings.  I began to suspect strong temporal effects and we have finally managed to publish some results demonstrating this with adaptation to antifaces: almost all the effect derives from the first few trials; it is as if whatever is adapting gets 'tired' after that.  It may be that others have picked up on this already but I figured it might be useful to draw attention to the finding in case there are those who, like me, are baffled by otherwise strange results.

http://www.frontiersin.org/perception_science/10.3389/fpsyg.2012.00019/abstract

Peter

Peter Hancock
Professor,
Deputy Head of Psychology,
School of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
FK9 4LA, UK
phone 01786 467675
fax 01786 467641
http://www.psychology.stir.ac.uk/staff/phancock

--
The Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2009/2010
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,