[Face-research-list] question on validation

Lőrincz András lorincz at inf.elte.hu
Thu May 19 17:02:13 BST 2011

Dear List Members:

I am wondering how to validate general facial expressions. I see a single method:
Estimate the amplitude of action units *AND* get a FACS expert who validates the data (and does not mind emotions at all)

Do you have any other idea?
- Are you aware of any kind of database where people respond naturally to images or sounds and they also talk about their mixed feelings?

- Is there any kind of image database on facial expressions with regard to a standard emotional database, like IAPS?

- Is there any general measure, such as co-measured signals (like video, fMRI, PET, EEG and gaze estimation) together with the data that was used to evoke emotions in the study and can be used for validation?

I am very much looking forward to your responses.

Best wishes,
Andras
Andras Lorincz
ECCAI Fellow
http://nipg.inf.elte.hu
http://lifeboat.com/ex/bios.andras.lorincz
Department of Software Technology and Methodology
Eotvos Lorand University
Budapest, Hungary