[Face-research-list] question on validation

andras.lorincz at elte.hu andras.lorincz at elte.hu
Thu May 19 16:38:17 BST 2011

Dear List Members:

I am wondering how to validate general facial expressions. I see a single
method:
-	estimate the amplitude of action units *AND* get a FACS expert who
validates the data (and does not mind emotions at all)

Do you have any other idea?
-	Are you aware of any kind of database where people respond naturally
to images or sounds and they also talk about their mixed feelings?
-	Is there any kind of image database on facial expressions with
regard to a standard emotional database, like IAPS?
-	Is there any general measure, such as co-measured signals (like
video, fMRI, PET, EEG and gaze estimation) together with the data that was
used to evoke emotions in the study and can be used for validation?

I am very much looking forward to your responses.

Best wishes,
Andras

Andras Lorincz
ECCAI Fellow
http://nipg.inf.elte.hu <http://nipg.inf.elte.hu/>
http://lifeboat.com/ex/bios.andras.lorincz
<https://ujmail.inf.elte.hu/owa/redir.aspx?C=e8f756b9213044c5a01b702558318ef
8&URL=http%3a%2f%2flifeboat.com%2fex%2fbios.andras.lorincz>
Department of Software Technology and Methodology
Eotvos Lorand University
Budapest, Hungary