[Face-research-list] Hi!

Chiara Fiorentini fiorentinichiara at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:19:49 GMT 2011

Hi everybody,

I am really glad of this face-list initiative and I will also take a chance
to introduce myself briefly.

My name is Chiara, I have worked on the recognition of emotional facial
expressions since my undergraduate thesis - I am now completing my first
post-doc -, and I am so fond of the topic that I wish to stay in the field
of faces for many more years!

During my PhD I focused on some aspects of the expressions' recognition
ability that can be captured by using naturalistic dynamic displays (i.e.
the existence of a dynamic advantage for facial expressions, or the ability
of the observer to rely on the dynamic invariants of facial expressions).
As a Post-doc at UCL, I am investigating  facial expression recognition as a
part of the Broad Autism Phenotype in Relatives, asking whether subtle
abnormalities in perceiving facial expressions are a shared cognitive
feature in families with children with Autism.

I join the others in hoping that this list can help building "bridges"
between face scientists, allowing us to share knowledge, ideas, and doubts.

A presto,

chiara

Hello everyone,

--