[Face-research-list] Introduction

Regine Armann regine.armann at tuebingen.mpg.de
Wed Mar 2 11:52:38 GMT 2011

Hi everyone,

I'll also take the chance to introduce myself, as a very junior member
of the group (great idea, it's a shame we haven't had something like
this until now...).

I just completed my PhD on face perception at the Max Planck Institute
for Biological Cybernetics in Tübingen, in Heinrich Bülthoff's
Department, mainly supervised by Isabelle Bülthoff. In my thesis, I
explored different aspects of how faces are processed and encoded, using
psychophysics, eye-tracking, and a high-level adaptation approach (this
study I did in Gillian Rhodes' FaceLab in Perth). Currently, I am
working on projects about how the sex of faces is represented in the
brain (using an fMRI adaptation paradigm) and about cultural differences
in eye-movements, together with colleagues from the Department of Brain
and Cognitive Engineering at Korea University.

And, I am looking for a post-doc position - so if anyone has anything to
offer, please think of me :-). I would be particularly interested in
studying how face processing and encoding (in healthy and maybe impaired
individuals) is shaped by experience. But since our field offers a lot
of interesting questions to tackle, there might be other projects just
as exciting…

Looking forward to more face-related posts/discussions/exchange,

Best,
Regine

Regine Armann
MPI for Biological Cybernetics