[BERG] Our new enrichment platform

Mark Kingston Jones markingjones at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 19:20:54 BST 2020

Dear all,

I really missed the Wednesday meeting yesterday, but I hope you are all well!

I just wanted to share something we have just launched as it might be of interest to some of you, plus it might make a unique last minute Father’s Day gift!

After the amazing feedback we received from the funders of our recent work at Lakeview Monkey Sanctuary, it was suggested we should take it further and allow people to contribute monthly.

So that is exactly what we are doing with a Patreon account, where each month we will use the subscription to build a new feeder, new enclosure furniture, or do a whole enclosure renovation, for different animals at different locations, in order to progress our mission of assisting keepers to continually improve the lives of animals at zoos and sanctuaries.

It will mean we can prototype devices and conduct builds that may not be suitable for our Team Building events, and we will be creating our very own Team who will share in the highs and lows of developing enrichment!

In exchange our Team Members will get exclusive videos of the process, and of course the results, to provide that genuine feel good factor as they see what they have made possible!

As an extra bonus, our first 15 subscribers will receive an exclusive invite to a private Open Day at Lakeview Monkey Sanctuary (in Ascot) to see first-hand the work they have funded at this private facility.

To find out more or just to see our new design for Kinkajous we used to kick things off, visit: https://www.patreon.com/TeamBuildingwithBITE

Any help spreading the word would be sincerely appreciated and if anyone is interested I also have an idea for a new ‘Institutional’ tier, which might be useful for those teaching students about enrichment and welfare.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Mark

Sent from my iPhone