[BERG] Welcome Back, BERGers - Spring 2020, Here We Go!

Sarah Kraemer s.b.kraemer at stir.ac.uk
Wed Jan 1 14:43:05 GMT 2020

Dear BERGers,

We hope your winter holiday has been cozy and relaxing!

We are pleased to say that the Behaviour and Evolution Research Group (BERG) seminars are starting again soon. These seminars are held on Wednesdays at 5:30pm in 3A94.

Sarah Kraemer (PhD student in Psychology - me!) and Gema Martin-Ordas (lecturer in Psychology) will be taking over the responsibilities of organising BERG from Jade Hooper and Hannah Buchanan-Smith. Let's hear a virtual round of applause for those two for a successful fall semester of speakers! Thank you Hannah and Jade for that kind e-mail passing the baton to us.

Meetings will start on Wednesday 15th January, so please add these Wednesday dates to your diaries. There will be no meeting on the 19th of February for mid-semester break, and the last meeting will be on the 1st of April.

The first BERG returning meeting is on Wednesday 15th January at 5:30pm in 3A94 (Psychology common room). One of our fall semester speakers  had been tentatively re-scheduled for this date, and if this plan changes we will use this first meeting as a catching-up from the holidays, complete with snacks and bubbly to bolster our moods and strengthen our resolves for 2020!

As for the rest of the meetings, SIGN-UPS ARE NOW OPEN! The new schedule can be found at: https://stir.app.box.com/file/588066861916

The success of BERG depends upon you! Please consider signing up for a seminar slot. Presenting at BERG is an excellent way to practice talks, hone your presentation skills, get feedback on grant application ideas, lead a discussion of a controversial/interesting research paper etc. You can also suggest external speakers who we might invite (local speakers only please).

Doodle software is no longer free so please look at the schedule in the Box link – and then email me and Gema and we shall update the schedule.  If you can provide a title that also helps! ( s.b.kraemer at stir.ac.uk; gema.martin-ordas at stir.ac.uk )

If you have new students who might wish to be on the BERG mailing list, please send them this e-mail. To sign up to the BERG mailing list new folk must complete the form available here:
You can also use this link to unsubscribe.

A Happy New Year to all, and to all a good night!
Many thanks,

Sarah and Gema