[BERG] Fundraising for Paws for Progress

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Fri Sep 13 12:50:24 BST 2019

Dear BERGers

I generally do not use this mailing list for fundraising, but Paws for Progress is a very special cause so do support if you feel able.

Thank you, Hannah

Kiltwalk 2019 - fundraiser in aid of Paws for Progress

Rebecca Leonardi and her dog Karma are walking together with team Paws for Progress at the Kiltwalk in Edinburgh on the 15th September. It's a great way of raising much needed funds as 140% of donations raised will be donated to Paws for Progress!

We know first hand the positive difference that Paws for Progress makes to the lives of people and dogs in need. I hope that by doing the Kiltwalk, we will be able to raise more funds so that Paws for Progress can help more people and dogs create brighter futures together. Here's the link to our fundraising page:

https://edinburghkiltwalk2019.everydayhero.com/uk/rebecca-20

Paws for Progress CIC is dedicated to improving the lives of people and animals. Working across a range of settings including schools, prisons and community groups, Paws for Progress develop and deliver educational programmes and tailored animal assisted interventions to help people most in need of support.

Our flagship project is our rescue dog training programme at HMP & YOI Polmont, established in 2011, which continues to develop and expand, benefiting both the young people and rescue dogs involved.

At Paws for Progress the well-being of both the people and the dogs is equally important, and we treat both with kindness, respect and empathy.

“The dogs—they change the way you think and the way you act. They trust you, it’s that mutual bond. You think you’re helping them but they’re helping you too.” Student, Paws for Progress at HMP YOI Polmont.

We would be so grateful for any donation you could give to support us, and if you can share our page with others who could help, that would be really appreciated too. Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dr Rebecca Leonardi

Research Fellow
Psychology, Faculty of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling