[BERG] Salvesen lecture - Learning difficulties - whose voice matters? 26 Nov in Edinburgh

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Wed Nov 20 18:59:56 GMT 2019

This lecture may be of interest to some…..

The Salvesen Lecture: Learning difficulties - whose voice matters?

Tue, 26 November 2019

17:30 – 18:30 GMT

Location

University of Edinburgh Informatics Forum

Crichton Street

Edinburgh

EH8 9AB

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-salvesen-lecture-learning-difficulties-whose-voice-matters-tickets-75820941477?aff=eemailordconf&utm_campaign=order_confirm&ref=eemailordconf&utm_medium=email&utm_source=eventbrite&utm_term=viewevent

About this Event
Salvesen Mindroom Research Centre and Salvesen Mindroom Centre are partners, working together in areas of research and outreach, to improve the lives of children, young people and families living with learning difficulties.

In this lecture Sue Fletcher-Watson, Director of the Research Centre, and Christine Carlin, Chief Executive of the Salvesen Mindroom Centre, will showcase the practices and methods the partners use to make sure their research is carried out with and for, not done to, our participants.

The speakers will explain how strong research will enhance their outreach support for children, young people and families, empowering them in their journeys.

Also, they will explain how this amazing partnership of research and outreach offers positive approaches for professionals in their roles supporting those with learning difficulties.

Accessibility measures at the event will include BSL interpretation and use of autism-enabling elements such as ‘flapplause’. Read our full accessibility report.<https://www.ed.ac.uk/salvesen-research/news-and-events/the-salvesen-lecture-2019/the-salvesen-lecture-accessibility-report>

The building is wheelchair accessible and includes ground floor, accessible facilities.
This lecture is free to attend and open to all.
***
Details of the University of Edinburgh full privacy notice can be found here<https://www.ed.ac.uk/about/website/privacy>.
We want to run a safe and accessible event and provide the best possible experience for you. By providing any information required on the booking form, you are giving the University consent to hold and process this data about you and to advise our suppliers of these details, under data protection regulations, for the purpose of running this event. By providing this information about your guest[s], you are confirming that you have their permission to share this data with the University for the same purposes. Any dietary and accessibility requirements are deleted following completion of the event.

Photography notice
This event will be photographed and recorded for promotional or recruitment materials for the University and University approved third parties. For further information please contact salvesenresearch at ed.ac.uk

Hannah M. Buchanan-Smith
Professor, Behaviour and Evolution Research Group<https://www.stir.ac.uk/about/faculties-and-services/natural-sciences/our-research/research-groups/behaviour-and-evolution-research-group/>
Stirling Human Animal Interaction Research (SHAIR<https://www.stir.ac.uk/about/faculties-and-services/natural-sciences/our-research/research-groups/behaviour-and-evolution-research-group/stirling-human-animal-interaction-research/>) Group

Room 3A79, Cottrell
Psychology, Faculty of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
Stirling, FK9 4LA