[BERG] Updated version of the Guidelines for the use of Animals in Behavioural Research and Teaching

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Thu Apr 12 15:18:51 BST 2018

Dear BERGers....in case you missed this!
An updated version of the Guidelines for the use of Animals in Behavioural Research and Teaching can be found here
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0003347217303214

ASAB - News from the Ethics committee
Following six months consultation with our colleagues on the Animal Care Committee at the Animal Behavior Society, we are pleased to inform the membership that an updated version of the Guidelines for the use of Animals in Behavioural Research and Teaching have been released. The updated version was included in the January issue of Animal Behaviour, and they are freely available to download from ASAB's web pages (http://www.asab.org/ethics/). Further, I would like to let you know that in addition to our endorsement of the ARRIVE guidelines, the Ethics (ASAB) and Animal Care (ABS) Committees have also agreed to support the use of the PREPARE Guidelines. PREPARE have been designed to assist researchers when they are at planning stage of experiments. Further information on PREPARE can be found in the 2018 version of the Guidelines, and via this web link (https://norecopa.no/prepare).

Domhnall Jennings, Secretary to the Ethical Committee

Hannah M. Buchanan-Smith
Professor, Behaviour and Evolution Research Group (BERG)

Room 3A79, Cottrell
Psychology, Faculty of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
Stirling, FK9 4LA