[BERG] FW: UFAW LINK scheme - applications now invited for the 2014 UFAW animal welfare student scholarships.

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Tue Oct 8 10:28:21 BST 2013

Here is an opportunity for funding for undergraduate and MSc students. We have had success in the past, so worth considering....

All details in attached.

Best, Hannah

Dear LINK,

You will be pleased to hear that applications are now being invited for this year’s UFAW Animal Welfare Student Scholarships awards. As a LINK university your students are eligible to apply for this scholarship, the closing date for applications for which is: 28th February 2014.

The aim of this scheme is to enable students to pursue their interests in animal welfare and to provide them with the opportunity to conduct their own relevant research or other (e.g. educational) projects. Students will usually be undertaking courses in the agricultural, biological, psychological, veterinary or zoological sciences. However, we would also welcome applications from students from other disciplines and who are interested in carrying out a project in animal welfare. MSc students are also welcome to apply.

Projects must be relevant to improving the welfare of farm, laboratory, companion, zoo, or free-living wild animals whose welfare is compromised by human factors, and may be carried out within the UK or overseas (the project undertaken may be part of the students course). Successful applicants will be awarded up to UK £1600 to cover subsistence and project expenses. Please visit the following UFAW website for further information or to download an application form: http://www.ufaw.org.uk/vacationScholarshipawards.php.

In addition, applications are also being invited for Dorothy Sidley Awards, offered by UFAW’s sister charity the Humane Slaughter Association. Details of these awards can be found here: http://www.hsa.org.uk/Dorothy%20Sidley%20Home.htm

Please feel free to circulate this email to any students or supervisors at your university/institution that you think may be interested.

Finally, if you haven’t already let me know how many copies of our annual report you would like for the new academic year, I would be grateful if you could. Thank you.

With best wishes

Steve

Stephen Wickens, PhD
Development Officer
Universities Federation for Animal Welfare
The Old School, Brewhouse Hill, Wheathampstead, Herts AL4 8AN, UK
Email: wickens at ufaw.org.uk<mailto:wickens at ufaw.org.uk>
Direct Tel: +44(0)1276 500880
Office: +44(0)1582 831818 (tel), 831414 (fax)
www.ufaw.org.uk<https://owa.stir.ac.uk/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>

Registered Charity No 207996 (Registered in England) and Company Limited by Guarantee No 579991

The Universities Federation for Animal Welfare (UFAW) is an independent registered UK charity that works to develop and promote improvements in the welfare of all animals through scientific and educational activity worldwide.

Science in the service of animal welfare

--
The University of Stirling has been ranked in the top 12 of UK universities for graduate employment*.
94% of our 2012 graduates were in work and/or further study within six months of graduation.