[BERG] 2013 Scottish Conference on Animal Behaviour - 23rd March

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Mon Feb 18 15:54:20 GMT 2013

Please see a message below for the wonderful SCAB - it would be wonderful to have a good representation from Stirling.
Please register directly with Dana Weldon. We may be able to coordinate travel, so let me know if you plan to go.
Best, Hannah

Hi all,
This is an announcement of the annual Scottish Conference on Animal Behaviour, to be held this year at the University of Glasgow. Apologies for the short notice but the event will be held on Saturday March 23rd, in the Graham Kerr building at the University of Glasgow.
This is a smaller conference with a very relaxed atmosphere and is an ideal venue for students and post-docs to present their work to peers. Please feel free to submit a title on any aspect of animal behaviour. This means lab or field. Terrestrial or aquatic. Invertebrate or vertebrate. Fur, fins, or feathers.  It all sounds great to us!
Anyone interested in presenting a talk or poster can submit titles to Dana Weldon (d.weldon.1 at research.gla.ac.uk<mailto:d.weldon.1 at research.gla.ac.uk>) by Thursday 8th March. Registration for general attendees will close on Friday the 15th March at 5pm. Registration is £15 and includes coffee, tea, lunch, and a wine and cheese reception after talks. We request that the payment be made in cash the day of the conference. Priority for talks and posters will be given to students.
Attached is a poster containing this info. We would be grateful if you could circulate this announcement to any colleagues who might be interested or stick the poster somewhere visible in your department.
Hope to see you all in Glasgow!
Cheers,
Shaun Killen

--

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

Shaun S. Killen B.Sc. (Hon), M.Sc., Ph.D.

NERC Research Fellow

Institute of Biodiversity, Animal Health, and Comparative Medicine

Rm. 206, Graham Kerr Building,

University of Glasgow,

Glasgow, Scotland, UK G12 8QQ

Phone: +44 (0)141 330 2898

Fax: +44 (0)141 330 5971

Website: http://www.gla.ac.uk/researchinstitutes/bahcm/staff/shaunkillen/shaunkill

en/

Please consider submitting an abstract to our symposium entitled:

"Effects of environmental change on the links between physiology and behaviour",

to be held at the 2014 International Congress on the Biology of Fish in Edinburgh, UK.

Click here for more info: http://icbf2014.sls.hw.ac.uk/Symposia.htm

Or, listen to me and others babble about biology on our Institute

podcast: http://naturallyspeakingpodcast.wordpress.com/

--
The University of Stirling is ranked in the top 50 in the world in The Times Higher Education 100 Under 50 table, which ranks the world's best 100 universities under 50 years old.
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,