[Scottish-perception-group] Scottish Perception Meeting (Department of Psychology, University of Stirling)

Sandra Quinn s.c.m.quinn at stir.ac.uk
Thu Sep 13 12:26:17 BST 2007

Dear all,

Apologies for cross-postings. This is the first call for abstract submissions to the Scottish Perception Meeting in the department of Psychology at the University of Stirling. The meeting will be held on the 6th of December 2007. The meetings in the past have contained a series of talks that we pulled together. On this occassion we would like to encourage you to put together talks that are centred on a theme you believe would be of interest to the group. This would be similar to a series of talks you might expect at a Symposium, but clearly less formal than this. In doing so we aim to create a program where the talks within each group have a similar theme. You would be able to invite your colleagues to submit papers with you on this theme rather than individually. Clearly you can opt out of this and still present at the meeting by submitting your own abstract. If you do not wish to present but attend the meeting then feel free to do so. You should still send an email to confirm that you are attending and not presenting. This allows us to ensure that there is enough food provided at the lunch. We have very informal meetings which makes it a very relaxed environment to discuss your work.

If you wish to forward the email on to interested parties feel free to do so. Postgraduate students, research staff and lecturers are encouraged to submit abstracts with particular emphasis on the postgraduate students. The deadline for abstract submissions is usually the week prior to the meeting. I will provide details of this later on. We also provide tea and coffee and a lunch for attendees free of charge. There isn't a conference fee for either attending the meeting or presenting. At the end of the meeting we usually head off to the McRobert for some food and a few drinks too. If you would like to look at the previous abstracts for the meeting go to the following web page. http://www.psychology.stir.ac.uk/staff/squinn/index.php

If you have any further suggestions or queries please email me.

I look forward to seeing and hearing from you.

Best regards

Sandra Quinn

Research Fellow

Department of Psychology

University of Stirling

--
The University of Stirling is a university established in Scotland by
charter at Stirling, FK9 4LA.  Privileged/Confidential Information may