[Scottish-perception-group] Scottish Perception Meeting 6th Dec 07

Sandra Quinn s.c.m.quinn at stir.ac.uk
Mon Dec 3 12:14:33 GMT 2007

Apologise for cross-postings.

I have attached the abstracts for the 4th Scottish Perception Meeting in
the department of Psychology at the Stirling University. If there are
any corrections to be made (i.e. spelling errors or institution
information I need to add) please contact me ASAP so that I can make
changes before Thursday. We have 28 people attending the meeting. Can
those of you who have email addresses for the additional people who are
attending please forward this message on to them? If these people wish
to be added to the list please ask them to send me an email or
alternatively they can add themselves to the Scottish Perception
emailing list on the Psychology home page.

If you intend to come to the dinner afterwards please let me know by
Wednesday so that I can book a table. We do not pay for this part of the
meeting.

I think we have a great series of presentations and we are really
looking forward to meeting and greeting you all here at Stirling.

Best Regards

Sandra Quinn

If you have any other queries please send an email to me and I shall
endeavour to sort out any problems you have.

How to get from the bus stop and car park to the department?

By Bus to the department
If you arrive via the bus from town, the main entrance should be facing
you and it has can machines and a series of chairs. Go through these
doors and up the stairs. Go through the doors and you should see a court
yard with trees in front of you. Turn left and * go along the corridor
and then go through another set of doors. Next on your left is another
door leading to some stairs. Go up one floor and turn left again. Go
through another set of doors and you should be on the 3A corridor. Turn
right and just in on your right again is the common room (The common
room is 3A94). You should see a kitchen and then a room on your left. No
lovely view this time since the labs under the usual rooms we use are
being renovated and they are making a lot of noise.

By car to the department
You will probably arrive and enter through the back entrance if you use
my directions below. You should go through a double set of doors with a
bike shed on the left. You will come to a court yard. Go through the
court yard and when you get through the next set of doors on the other
side of the court yard turn right. You should then follow the set of
instructions above from the astrix above in the bus section.

Travel to the University

By Rail
Stirling's location in the heart of Scotland ensures that the city
enjoys excellent rail links with all major Scottish cities and, in turn,
with the rest of the UK.
Regular Scotrail train services run from both Edinburgh Waverley Station
and Glasgow Queen Street Station. Details of all Scotrail services can
be found at: www.firstgroup.com/scotrail
<http://www.firstgroup.com/scotrail/content/timetables/index.php>
It is recommended that you alight at Stirling train station (not Bridge
of Allan) and then make your way to the University by bus or taxi. Taxis
are available from Stirling Rail Station concourse, with most buses to
the University departing from Murray Place bus stop located just up the
hill from the rail station.
If you are coming from further afield the following can be used as a
guide for rail travel times to Stirling.
Intercity Services from London to Stirling Station - 5 hours 15 minutes.

Edinburgh to Stirling - 45 minutes.
Glasgow to Stirling - 35 minutes.
Dundee to Stirling - 50 minutes.
By Bus
The University is served by excellent bus links from Stirling city
centre. At peak times some 19 buses per hour run from Stirling to the
main University campus. The principal provider of bus services is First,
with routes 50, 53, 54, 58, 62 and 63 all running to and from the
University and Murray Place, Stirling. In addition, Ferguson's buses run
to and from the University on routes 50 and 153. (Please note that while
the service is regular, a 15 minute wait can sometimes be expected.)
Please ensure that you do not get off the bus at the entrance to the
University. Get off the bus at the stop after that up at the Cottrell
building. You should then follow the information above called By bus to
the department. Click on the following links for further information:
http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/scotland/sescot/home/

www.firstforstudents.co.uk
Students can get a cheaper ticket costing 75p when they show their
student cards.
In addition Scottish Citylink are operating a service from Edinburgh to
the University. Further details can be found at
http://www.citylink.co.uk/images/Timetable%20online%20pdf%27s/edin2dunbl
ane.pdf
By Car
Visitors to the University
Visitors to the campus should note that at certain times, during
semester, demand for car parking spaces may exceed supply. Visitors are
therefore strongly encouraged to use the excellent public transport
links to and from Stirling.
Visitors to the University who choose to bring their car should note the
following directions:
If approaching from the East, South or West take the M9 to Junction 11.
Once at the junction there is a roundabout which marks the end of the
M9. From here you should take the exit for Bridge of Allan, follow the
road through the town itself, and after about 200 metres you will find
the University on the left.
If approaching from the North take the A9 to the same roundabout and
follow the same route through Bridge of Allan as above.
From the North A9 via Perth and Bridge of Allan.
From the East A91 from St Andrews , M9 from Edinburgh.
From the South M74, M73, A80, M80, M9.
From the West M8, A80, M80, M9 from Glasgow.
Visitors to the University are advised that a vehicle access barrier
system operates on campus, from September to May inclusive.
Visitors are requested to enter the University via the main entrance,
and, keeping to the left hand, Visitors' Lane, stop at the manned booth
to collect a Visitors' Parking Permit. Please note that possession of a
valid permit does not guarantee a parking space.
You should attempt to park near the Cottrell building as this is part of
the University that houses the department of psychology and is the place
where the meeting will be held. Having come through the main entrance
carry on up to the top of the road and you'll hit a roundabout. Go
straight over the roundabout and there should be parking up on the left
hand side. If you go to the other end of the car park you will find the
back entrance to the University. You can then follow the directions
above in section By car to the department.
As part of the University's commitment to developing a Green Travel
Plan, all students, staff and visitors to the University are encouraged
to make use of Stirling's excellent public transport links, or other
sustainable modes of travel, to access the campus.

--
The University of Stirling is a university established in Scotland by
charter at Stirling, FK9 4LA.  Privileged/Confidential Information may