[Media-watch] ColdType March issue

Tony Sutton tonysutton at newsdesign.net
Tue Mar 1 15:35:23 GMT 2005

ColdType: March

Welcome to the March issue of ColdType (http://www.coldtype.net)
Main features this month include:

1. George W. Bush goes to Belgium
. . . where he meets thousands of angry young demonstrators who¹d have
preferred it if the President had stayed at home. We¹ve got 12 pages of
photographs from Brussels by Han Soete, with pithy commentary from Joe
Bageant, our favourite homeboy in Winchester, Virginia.

2. Lost in Cyberspace
Why the mainstream media are losing the credibility battle against the new
internet alternatives, by Bill Bowles in London

3. Two Essays  from Edward S. Herman
Class Warfare: How George W. Bush plans to implement am agenda that will
hurt the interests of the majority of the people who gave him their vote;
and The Elections In Iraq: The US propaganda machine is still working in
high gear.

4. Poor, White & Pissed
A guide to the white trash planet for urban liberals. From the inimitable
Joe Bageant.

5. South Africa and the Politics of Risk
Stan Winer believes those on the "liberation" side of the South African
struggle have been sacrificed to the interests of risk aversion and
post-apartheid reconciliation.

Plus our usual columnists Norman Solomon, John Pilger, Michael I. Niman,
George Monbiot, Danny Schechter and Uri Avnery

Everything in pdf format. Everything free. Download now at
http://www.coldtype.net

Tony Sutton, Editor