[Media-watch] ColdType Update

Tony Sutton tonysutton at newsdesign.net
Thu Sep 9 01:25:02 BST 2004

COLDTYPE UPDATE - SEPTEMBER 9:

Download our latest OtherVoices contributions - Milan Rai looks at Russion
state terror and the Bush agenda; and he also wonders whether the Najaf
truce was just a trap for Iraqi rebel cleric Muqtada al-Sadr. Meanwhile Greg
Palast tells us about the Grinch that stole Labor Day, and Bush's latest
'bone-headed' gem, the creation of an 'Ownership Society.' Meanwhile, News
Dissector, Danny Schechter, examines the US mainstream media's curious
coverage of the election. Finally, film maker Michael Moore tells why he
decided not to enter 'Fahrenheit 9/11' for this year's best documentary
Oscar. You'll find all these and 142 other commentaries on our Columnists'
home-page at http://www.coldtype.net/columns.04.html

PLUS: Read the latest from our regular columnists - John Pilger on the
betrayal of India, George Monbiot on the latest nuclear power debate, Uri
Avneri on ending the Middle East violence, and Michael I. Niman (welcome
back!) on the GOP's new face of fascism. Find them on our Columnists'
home-page at http://www.coldtype.net/columns.04.html  ­ Tony Sutton

-----------------------
Don't miss our main September downloads:

A 54-page free E-Book
WAR OF WORDS
An excerpt from Chris Cobb¹s new book,EGO AND INK - The Inside Story of
Canada¹s
National Newspaper War
Chris Cobb¹s widely-praised new book Ego And Ink chronicles the creation and
launch of Conrad Black¹s National Post and the subsequent vicious newspaper
war  in Canada between the Post, the venerable Globe and Mail and the
Toronto Star.  Ego And Ink details a circulation battle in which millions of
newspapers were either given away or sold well below cost in cut price
subscription deals. Together, it cost the three newspapers more than $1
billion to articifially inflate their circulation figures.
Find WAR OF WORDS at http://www.coldtype.net
Plus Two More Perceptive - and Funny - essays from JOE BAGEANT
DRIVING ON THE BONES OF GOD
SLEEPWALKING TO BABYLON
Find both at http://www.coldtype.net