[Media-watch] FW: FBI took the hard drives of IMC serversin the UK

Eddie Truman eddie at mussey.org.uk
Thu Oct 7 22:58:25 BST 2004

Sent: 07 October 2004 22:50
To: imcscotland discussion
Subject: [imc-scotland-discussion] FBI took the hard drives of IMC serversin
the UK

The FBI issued an order to Rackspace in the US (Indymedia's provider with
offices in the US and London) to remove physically one of our servers. The
order was so short term that Rackspace had to give away our hard drives in
the UK.
 The servers hosted numerous local IMCs: the Belgian and African imcs,
Palestine, UK, Germany, and Brasil. If you find a site is down: that might
be the reason.
 The reason why the hard drives were taken are unknown.
 More information: http://www.indymedia.org/de/2004/10/111987.shtml
http://www.ucimc.org/feature/display/20764/index.php

--
Virus scanned by Lumison.