[Media-watch] Iraqi Lullaby

David McKnight david at milwr.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Nov 27 12:15:44 GMT 2004

An alternative independent non-commercial source for news, information and insight.
PLEASE  ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO SUBSCRIBE
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/subscribe.htm

To change your email address.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/subscribe.htm

===

Iraqi Lullaby

2 Minute Video

Vocals by Laura Bush and Mothers of America

Pictures Provided by President G W. Bush

Watch it now !

Real Video

QuickTime

Download FREE real player here
http://snipurl.com/a75b

===

Bombing The Sick And Dying

by MILES SCHUMAN

While the North American news media have focused on the military triumph of US Marines in Falluja, little attention has been paid to reports that US armed forces killed scores of patients in an attack on a Falluja health center and have deprived civilians of medical care, food and water.

===

Stinky And The Vulcan's

By Sheila Samples

Later, some will say, "We didn't know what they were doing to our children...we were just supporting our troops...If only the media had told us -- had shown us what was going on -- we would have done something to stop it."

===

President Bush, I need some advice regarding God's Laws and how best to follow them

For Instance

Leviticus 25.44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not to Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

===

9/11, Fear, and the Selling of American Empire

Hijacking Catastrophe is powerful, understated, straightforward and educational. In a single meticulously organized hour of evidence and analysis, viewers are treated to a thoughtful explanation of modern American empire, neo-conservatism as a driving force for the current Bush administration.

Watch It Online - Now!

===

US troops find 15 bodies in Iraq's Mosul :

At least 15 bodies were found on Friday by US troops in Iraq's northern city of Mosul, the US military said.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2004-11/26/content_2265644.htm

http://snipurl.com/ax0d

===

Four British Mercenaries Killed in Baghdad's Green Zone ::

The dead were former Gurkha fighters, Britain's foreign office said.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/IRAQ_ATTACK?SITE=NYSTA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

http://snipurl.com/ax0e

===

Two Marines killed in Fallujah clash:

Two Marines were killed and three others wounded when they came under fire during house-clearing operations in Fallujah, the U.S. military said Friday.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apmideast_story.asp?category=1107&slug=Iraq%20Marines%20Killed

http://snipurl.com/ax0f

====

'Unusual Weapons' Used in Fallujah :

The U.S. military has used poison gas and other non-conventional weapons against civilians in Fallujah, eyewitnesses report.

===

Iraqis emerge amid the ruins of Falluja :

Relief agencies which finally reached Falluja found a city in ruins and its remaining civilian population beleaguered and hungry.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/55321BD7-F45A-41AB-987B-7DA96B9D7D3A.htm

http://snipurl.com/ax0g

===

Blix Urges Caution over Iraq 'Chemical Weapons Lab' :

Former UN chief weapons inspector Hans Blix tonight said he would be "surprised" if a chemical laboratory found in Iraq was capable of creating weapons.
http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3805602

===

17 Parties Demand Iraq Elections Postponed :

Seventeen political parties on Friday demanded postponement of the Jan. 30 elections for at least six months until the government is capable of securing polling places.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-4639011,00.html

===

Sadr Reportedly Boycotting Iraq Elections:

Sadr believes fair elections can not be organized under occupation. Shiite leader Muqtada Al-Sadr has reportedly called for boycotting general elections, due on January 30, protesting continued US occupation of his country.
http://www.islamonline.net/English/News/2004-11/25/article07.shtml

http://snipurl.com/ax0h

===

The recipe for civil war :

Najaf was bombed in August. Samarra was bombed in September. Sadr City was bombed in October. Fallujah was bombed in November. Mosul may be bombed in December. And Kirkuk may be bombed in January. This is the calendar in the runup to the Iraqi elections set for January 30 next year.
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/FK25Ak04.html

===

Turk lawmaker says US in Iraq worse than Hitler:

The head of Turkey's parliamentary human rights group has accused Washington of genocide in Iraq and behaving worse than Adolf Hitler, in remarks underscoring the depth of opposition in Turkey to U.S. policy in the region.

===

How about we pay you to let us commit war crimes?

Congress Seeks to Curb International Court :

The Republican-controlled Congress has stepped up its campaign to curtail the power of the International Criminal Court, threatening to cut hundreds of millions of dollars in economic aid to governments that refuse to sign immunity accords shielding U.S. personnel from being surrendered to the tribunal.

===

We don't need to worry about war crimes! God is on our side:

Rev. Bob Jones, III: God Has Granted America a Reprieve: In your re-election, God has graciously granted America-though she doesn't deserve it-a reprieve from the agenda of paganism. You have been given a mandate. We the people expect your voice to be like the clear and certain sound of a trumpet. Because you seek the Lord daily, we who know the Lord will follow that kind of voice eagerly.

===

No More Excuses: Understanding the Americans:

For the last three and a half years I have been making excuses for Americans. You see, I was born in the US and therefore I am continually asked by non-Americans, to explain the mysterious ways of my former countrymen.
http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0411/S00353.htm

===

Outlook is for war, then more war:

Powell's successor, the ghastly Condoleezza Rice, will be telling Bush only what he wants to hear, just as Donald Rumsfeld does from the Pentagon, which is that the US is locked in a struggle between good and evil which can be won only by fire and sword and, when that doesn't work in a hurry, by more fire and more sword.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/11/26/1101219747007.html

===

Barghouti Won't Seek Palestine Presidency :

Jailed Palestinian uprising leader Marwan Barghouti abandoned plans Friday to run in upcoming presidential elections, throwing his support behind Mahmoud Abbas, the candidate of the ruling Fatah party.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=540&ncid=736&e=6&u=/ap/20041126/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_palestinians

http://snipurl.com/ax0j

===

Two more top spies quit troubled CIA :

Two more of America's top spies were reported yesterday to be leaving the CIA, as an attempt to fix the troubled agency appeared increasingly to be dividing its ranks and driving out its most experienced officials.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1360153,00.html

===

US campaign behind the turmoil in Kiev :

 Funded and organised by the US government, deploying US consultancies, pollsters, diplomats, the two big American parties and US non-government organisations, the campaign was first used in Europe in Belgrade in 2000 to beat Slobodan Milosevic at the ballot box.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/ukraine/story/0,15569,1360236,00.html

===

Ukraine state TV in revolt :

Journalists on Ukraine's state-owned channel - which had previously given unswerving support to Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovych - have joined the opposition, saying they have had enough of "telling the government's lies".

===

Powell's (same old) swan song:

Colin Powell's first trip to Israel and the occupied territories in 18 months saw him reading the same old script
http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2004/718/fr2.htm

===

Iran complaints about draft IAEA resolution:

Islamic republic says draft resolution presented by EU countries to IAEA is contrary to Paris accord.
http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=11981

===

Dubya: The Movie:

Need a laugh?
http://www.dubyamovie.com/small.html

===

What Born Again Christians Teach Their Children

Or How To Hate Everyone :

This video tells us that Satan has created religions in order to deceive man. These religions include Buddhism, Catholicism, and of course, singled out for a special level of contempt, Islam.
http://nyc.indymedia.org/newswire/display/133600/index.php

===

Dogma is one scary premise:

 It doesn't matter if the dogma is political or religious, adherence to a dogmatic premise is an admission of the inability to reason. Dogma gives rise to intolerance.

===

Dollar Heads for Weekly Decline; Foreigners May Reduce Holdings :

The dollar is poised for a seventh straight weekly drop against the euro, its longest losing streak in 10 months, on concern foreign investors and central banks may reduce holdings of U.S. assets
http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000006&sid=amXbX7HCjtgc&refer=home

http://snipurl.com/ax0k

===

WTO to EU, Japan: Hit U.S. with Sanctions:

The World Trade Organization (WTO) gave final approval on Friday to the European Union, Japan and others to hit the United States with an initial $150 million in trade sanctions in a row over an illegal anti-dumping law.
http://olympics.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=businessNews&storyID=6930130

===
Liberty can not be preserved without general knowledge among people." (August 1765) John Adams

===

To help support ICH using PayPal click here. http://tinyurl.com/v1l8
Or if you prefer to send a check or money order, Tom, PO Box 365 Imperial Beach, CA 91933. USA.

To Unsubscribe see information at the base of this newsletter