[Media-watch] jo Wilding on Falluja

David McKnight david at milwr.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 08:54:41 GMT 2004

Again, US troops have sealed off Falluja and are
bombarding it from above and attacking from the
ground.

Again they have 'seized' the main hospital, according
to the news, denying medical attention to anyone who
needs it.

Again they are saying men under 45 can't leave, which
means that families will be trapped in the city if
either they don't want to be separated or only the
husband / father can drive. Last time, at one
checkpoint, we managed to negotiate that one man under
45 could leave with each car if he was the driver. It
means men are forced to stay and will either be
detained in house sweeps or killed, if the US achieves
its objectives.

Millions of us demonstrated against the war and, as a
result, civilian casualties were reduced because of
all the attention.

We need to be out on the streets again, in every
country, protesting against the invasion of Falluja
and the ongoing killing.

Please note, in relation to the last e mail I sent,
forwarded from the Organisation for Women's Freedom in
Iraq - this is not to say that all of the Iraqi
resistance is connected to oplitical Islamists and is
in no way to suggest that Bush and his pals and
compliant media are anything but liars when they try
to categorise all the resistance as terrorist or
religiously motivated.

It's vital that people around the world do support the
Iraqi resistance. There are groups like Alliance for
Workers' Liberty which refuse to support the
resistance for that reason, because they believe it is
all religious and anti-union. This is complete
nonsense - we need to support both the independent
trade unions and federations and the resistance.

Please see www.islamonline.net for article I wrote on
what people can do outside Iraq to support the people
and oppose the occupation.