[Media-watch] Seven Days for Iraq - Naming the Dead

antony_wright at blueyonder.co.uk antony_wright at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 2 14:11:01 GMT 2004

Since the invasion of Iraq in March 2003, more than 25,000 people have been killed in that country.

We now know that all the reasons given for this invasion were fabrications.

On November 2nd 2004 the people of America elect their President.

On that day we will remember those who have died in this war. We know that the occupation forces do not keep a record of those they kill in Iraq but others have gathered together the names of those who have died.

That day will be an appropriate moment to commemorate those thousands: the civilians, men, women and children who have been killed through indiscriminate bombing of their homes; those killed in the prison camps of Iraq.

We will commemorate the soldiers, aid workers and others of all nationalities who have died. They are also the victims of the policies of George Bush and Tony Blair.

The Stop the War Coalition is calling on people all over Britain to conduct simultaneously a vigil at which a list of the dead will be recited. The public will be invited to join the readings which we hope will last for 24 hours.

In London the reading of the names will be in Trafalgar Square and will begin at 5pm.