[Media-watch] ColdType June issue

Tony Sutton tonysutton at newsdesign.net
Fri May 28 11:46:30 BST 2004

COLDTYPE.NET / June Issue

FREE DOWNLOADS ­ TWO COMPLETE BOOKS AND A GREAT NEW ESSAY

1. IF TRUTH BE TOLD
Secrecy and Subversion in an Age turned Unheroic
Military historian Stan Winer presents an inter-linked series of case
studies exploring some of the major and best-known military campaigns of the
20th Century. In If Truth Be Told ­ which exposes the lies behind military
episodes from World War II to the Cold War, Vietnam and the latest Iraq war
­ Winer  builds a solid thesis on the hidden dynamics that exist in wartime
between  secrecy, governance, public opinion, and media; and the replication
in Œpeacetime² of wartime methods of information management . . . . complete
book 185 pages

Find it at http://www.coldtype.net

------------

2. LETTERS FROM IRAQ
We¹ve pulled together all of Jo Wilding¹s insightful eye-witness essays from
Iraq, where  she chronicled the lives of civilians caught up in the battle
for Falluja. Our 77-page  e-book includes the six essays we¹ve already
published, plus five more . . . .
Find it at http://www.coldtype.net

------------

1. COVERT KINGDOM
Thy Will be Done, on Earth as it is in Texas
Washington writer Joe Bageant looks into the strange world of the Christian
Right, the driving force behind the Bush presidency. This bizarre American
fundamentalism is alive and well and thriving just a few miles outside the
country¹s major cities ­ a wonderful 11-page essay from our newest regular
contributor . . .
Find it at http://www.coldtype.net

Keep checking coldtype.net for our regular columnists ­ George Monbiot, John
Pilger, Michael I. Niman, Uri Avnery and Norman Solomon ­ plus all the
special contributors to our OtherVoices section
Find them all at http://www.coldtype.net/columns.04.html

NOTE: IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE INCLUDED IN  - OR REMOVED FROM - OUR MAIL UPDATES,
PLEASE CONTACT: editor at coldtype.net