[Media-watch] (no subject)

Tim Gopsill TimG at nuj.org.uk
Wed Mar 31 11:38:40 BST 2004

Hello

I'm touched by this plea.

But isn't media watch as its name implies an info resource rather than a forum? Like most list members I guess I am in a branch of the media -- I work for the NUJ  - and I regard the postings as of great value. I file them and use them all the time, if that's any consolation to those that put them up. Occasionally I send things to David Miller for him to post if he wishes - it does seem to me you need an editor for these things - but I've never reacted to anything.

For one thing I find bulletin boards that are filled with chit-chat rather irritating. For another I have a vague view that we are all of like mind on these questions and discussion would be superfluous.

Last week someone asked for views of something on Rense. In the past I have looked at stuff on this site and worried at what seemed to be a tinge of anti-semitism. So I read last week's item closely but could not detect any traces. In fact I found it quite sane - and thought - what is the point in replying to say that?

I promise - if I see something that really winds me up I will explose into email.

TimG