[Media-watch] Recommended

YvonneMarshall Brotherhoods at stevenston4.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Jan 10 01:59:37 GMT 2004

Dear List-members,

This short Reuters release appears to imply that Saddam Hussein's reluctance to be forthcoming with his interrogators can somehow explain continued 'insurgent' and 'guerilla' activity.

If this country (UK) was invaded by people who bombed our civilian populations - and the assailants made sure that such carnage was broadcast live on worldwide television - is it unreasonable to suppose that many 'ordinary' British citizens would be keen to exact their revenge on the occupiers, regardless of whether or not our Head of State and/or PM was captured and humiliated ?  If either of my children or any members of my family or friends were killed or maimed as a result of such action, regardless of whether or not it was committed within the parameters of International Law,  I would make every effort to exact revenge, and would do so using any means possible - seeing pictures of T Blair or HMQ lying face-down in the dirt wouldn't sway me one way or t'other.

Am I, therefore, a terrorist ?

Why is it that the reaction of 'ordinary' Iraqis, many of whom are now bereaved, furious and hopeless, does not figure in the 'explanations' given to us by Mssrs Greenstock, Bremer, Blair, Powell et al  for what is, in fact, a sustained and increasingly successful resistance movement ?

Wouldn't you feel compelled to fight against someone who had just murdered your child / mother / father/ nephew / neighbour etc etc ?

Regards,

Ian Brotherhood
I think you might find this of interest!       http://www.rense.com/general47/withcop.htm