[Media-watch] DISSENT - Anti G8 Day

Stephen McKee stephen_mckee at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 10:10:16 GMT 2004

OK, this is really late notice, but I thought I'd pass it on anyway.  At the
very least it might spark ideas for a more local gathering, especially as
Gleneagles is still a possible venue for the summit.

Steve
--------------------------

DISSENT - Anti G8 Day

An invitation to a day event (& evening social) to discuss the forthcoming
G8 Summit in the UK in 2005.

SATURDAY 21ST FEB. 2pm

Groups & individuals from across the country are coming together in attempt
to orchestrate a way in which we can effectively put a stop to the 2005 uk
summit. Here in london we are holding an anti-G8 day as part of the DISSENT
network. This is a call to those who wish to create a different world, one
based not on greed or profit or the continued exploitation of the millions
by the few, but one of mutual freedom & equality, diversity & trust.

The day will include:
-film showings from previous anti-G8 demonstrations (including evian &
genoa)
-presentation about what’s been happening so far
-stalls
-lunch will be provided free (although donations are welcome)
-drinks
-chat
plus:
-chilled late night sounds.

Occupied Social Centre
93 Fortess Road
Kentish Town
London NW5 1AG

All welcome.

DISSENT-A NETWORK OF RESISTANCE AGAINST THE G8
is a network of groups & individuals working together to mobilise against
the 2005 G8 Summit in the UK, operating on an autonomous, decentralised &
non-hierarchical basis.

PS oh yeah & a juggling workshop as well.