[Media-watch] ColdType Latest

Tony Sutton tonysutton at newsdesign.net
Thu Feb 19 18:49:26 GMT 2004

NEW AT COLDTYPE.NET / February 19

Check out the latest additions to our OtherVoices section:

1. Breaking Up The BBC, a 2-part essay by top US media commentator Danny
Schechter

2. Media Ignores US War Crimes Hypocrisy, by Peter Phillips of California's
Project Censored

3. Public Opinion: No Value, an indictment of Tony Blair's government and
its relationship with the British media, by David Cromwell of the UK media
watchdog, MediaLens

4. A Bone in the Throat of the Military Prison, in which Adam Keller tells
how five army refuseniks are severely embarrassing the Israeli military
prison system.

5. The Collapse of Howard Dean's Cyber-bubble: Norman Solomon recounts the
saga of Howard Dean, a cautionary tale about politics and the Internet in
which an election campaign rode a big wave of cyberspace hype ­ and then
sank.

PLUS find out what George Monbiot has to say about the Disney empire and
what Michael I. Niman thinks of the latest campaign from Adbusters magazine

Find all of these and more at  http://www.coldtype.net/columns.04.html

PLUS ­ GO FIND ME A WAY TO DO THIS ­ How Blair and Bush Chose War and then
Chose the Justification
A 14-page essay by David Edwards, co-editor of Britain's MediaLens

Download GO FIND ME A WAY ­ at
http://www.coldtype.net/Assets.04/medialens.pdf

We're continually updating our columnists page on coldtype.net, so bookmark
http://www.coldtype.net/columns04.html and check daily for provocative and
relevant opinions.