[Media-watch] New at ColdType.net

Tony Sutton tonysutton at newsdesign.net
Fri Feb 6 10:47:41 GMT 2004

New from COLDTYPE.NET
First of our February main features is a collection of five essays, spread
over 28-pages, from Scotland's best newspaper, the Sunday Herald on the
British government's attempt to muzzle the BBC in the Hutton report. This
will be followed by a major excerpt from Hugh Lewin's award-winning book
Bandiet, Out Of Jail, his updated epic tale of  seven years as a political
prisoner in South Africa. ­ Tony Sutton, editor.
------------------
The War Against the BBC
It was the week Tony Blair looked political death in the face and escaped in
a manner which would have put harry Houdini to shame; the week that the BBC
lost its bitter battle with the government and looked in danger of
imploding; the weeek when, at last, senior American officials admitted that
reports of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction could prove unfounded. Blair
survived the week, but will he survive the aftermath?

Download THE WAR AGAINST THE BBC ­ free of charge - at
http://www.coldtype.net
And don't miss last month's main features, The Lying Game, an excerpt from
David Miller's book, Tell Me Lies: Propaganda and Distortion in the War on
Iraq; and his revealing essay, Information Dominance. Both are at
http://www.coldtype.net
We're continually updating our columnists page on coldtype.net, so bookmark
http://www.coldtype.net/columns04.html and check daily for provocative and
relevant opinions.
NOTE: IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE INCLUDED IN  - OR REMOVED FROM - OUR MAIL UPDATES,
PLEASE CONTACT: editor at coldtype.net