[Media-watch] Exploitation of Soldiers

David J McKnight david at milwr.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Dec 23 10:31:22 GMT 2004

An alternative independent non-commercial source for news, information and insight.
PLEASE  ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO SUBSCRIBE
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/subscribe.htm

To change your email address.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/subscribe.htm

RSS FEED
http://rss.groups.yahoo.com/group/informationclearinghouse/rss

===

Rise of the Amerikan Nazis Part III

Amerikan Terrorists, American Tragedy

Manuel Valenzuela

Tens of millions of Americans are being transformed into conduits of barbarism and catalysts of violence, regenerating the evil of racism against an entire population of purposefully scapegoated innocents whose only crime is belonging to a group the Amerikan Nazis have chosen as the necessary enemy from which to unleash perpetual war for perpetual profit.
http://207.44.245.159/article7532.htm

===

Battle scars

"When I saw the stumps, I thought, `Damn, both of them?' Then I looked at my leg and I was trying to figure how to put a tourniquet on it because I didn't have any hands."

BY Dalton Narine

The rocket-propelled grenade that ripped off James Eddie Wright's hands and tore into his left leg ended the war for him and changed his life forever.
http://207.44.245.159/article7533.htm

===

The Exploitation of Soldiers:

Butler Shaffer

Those who defend warfare tend to see it only as an abstraction, a game pitting strategists from opposing collectives against one another in furtherance of contrived objectives. The ugly details of orchestrated butchery and torture are to be suppressed, lest persons of humane sensitivities become upset and demand a cessation of the game.
http://207.44.245.159/article7534.htm

===

Photo Gallery:

Military Personnel Wounded in Iraq & Afghanistan:

- Warning - Pictures depict the reality and horror of war.
http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/wounded/gallery.htm

===

10 killed in Iraq violence:

Ten people, including a Turkish truck driver, were killed on Wednesday in explosions and clashes in the Iraqi towns of Samarra and Mahmudiya.
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_23-12-2004_pg7_40

http://snipurl.com/bjpa

===

Iraqi policeman, resistance fighter killed in Najaf :

An Iraqi policeman and a suspected anti occupation fighter were shot dead early on Wednesday in the Shiite holy city of Najaf, police said.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2004-12/22/content_2369023.htm

http://snipurl.com/bjon

===

Report: Mosul Attack Was a Suicide Bombing:

Investigators at the base have found remnants of a torso and a suicide vest that was probably a backpack, sources told ABC News, indicating that the attack was a suicide bombing.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=351870&page=1

===

Little sympathy for the dead Americans on the streets of Mosul
http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/041222/w122230.html

===

Calling the dead :

"Accident victims" families are worse -- they're not prepared. Military families are calmer. They're half-expecting it." Every time I read a headline about American deaths in Iraq, I remember those words. I've been remembering them a lot lately.
http://207.44.245.159/article7540.htm

===

Anyone leaving Mosul will be shot: Governor:

Mosul's governor issued an order banning use of the five bridges that span the River Tigris in the city, and said anyone breaking the order would be shot. Residents said Iraq's third city was a virtual ghost town, with no one in the streets
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=642617

http://snipurl.com/bjop

===

US forces seal off Mosul:

Districts of the Iraqi city of Mosul have been sealed off by US forces who have raided homes in a hunt for suspects after an attack that killed 18 Americans and four Iraqis.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/24DB1D5B-EF64-41F4-AE11-A75E4D8587A6.htm

http://snipurl.com/bjos

===

Freed French journalists': We lived through a very difficult experience':
http://www.turkishpress.com/world/news.asp?id=041222192044.m77wyfy6.xml

http://snipurl.com/bjot

===

Soldier who killed unarmed Iraqi discharged to face lesser charges:

A U.S. soldier was discharged from the Army for manslaughter rather than charged with murder for shooting an unarmed Iraqi prisoner last year, despite the fact that Army investigators found sufficient evidence to press the murder charge, Pentagon records released Tuesday show.
http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/10470106.htm

===

Jeffrey Sachs: Iraq’s silent dead:

American behaviour and self-perceptions reveal the ease with which a civilised country can engage in large-scale killing of civilians without public discussion.
http://207.44.245.159/article7536.htm

===

Ten more years?:

Senior MPs warn British troops will be in Iraq for a decade, as Blair in Baghdad proclaims: 'We are not a nation of quitters'
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=595356

http://snipurl.com/bjou

===

Paul Findley : What is Bush's Real Goal in Iraq?:

Is the Bush Administration honest in stating that its objective is a stable, democratic Iraq? Or is that just a cover for permanent military bases that will enable the U.S. government to dominate Iraq far into the future.
http://207.44.245.159/article7537.htm

===

Sen. Chuck Hagel blasts civilian bosses in Pentagon:

Deteriorating conditions in Iraq are a consequence of "the arrogance and incompetency of the civilian leadership at the Pentagon," the Nebraska Republican said.
http://207.44.245.159/article7537.htm

===

News From Saddam`s Lawyers :

I have for the last two years argued that whatever else Saddam Hussein did for good or ill as Iraq's president since 1978, there is no evidence that he committed genocide. That he "never gassed his own people," i.e., the Iraqi Kurds, which has been an assertion that has been repeated so often by President Bush, Vice President Cheney and the American press that I'm sure 99.9% of the people believe it is gospel.
http://207.44.245.159/article7542.htm

See also
http://snipurl.com/bjlf

===

Racism and War Crimes:

If Saddam and his official to be put on trial, then US leaders, British leaders and other Western leaders who supported and encouraged Saddam should be with him in the dock.
http://207.44.245.159/article7541.htm

===

How to Corrupt Religion & Politics:

“Cherry Pickin’ Christians.” These are the people that have given Christianity a serious black-eye by such outspoken and all too visible “religious leaders” who think God supports invasions and torture, just as long as it’s done in “His name.”
http://207.44.245.159/article7539.htm

===

Palestinian students need army escort to school:

Soldiers protect children from Israeli squatter attacks
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6746246/

===

Israeli parents: Just Say No :

A letter signed by 97 Israeli parents urges their army-age children not to serve in the West Bank or Gaza Strip.
http://www.jta.org/brknews.asp?id=130574

===

IOF Commander Not Worried About Mass Insubordination :

Commander of the Israeli Ocupation ground Forces, Major General Yiftach Ron-Tal, said today that he is not worried about the spread of insubordination against the Gaza and Jenin-area evacuation plan.
http://www.israelnn.com/news.php3?id=74002

===

Video: Mosaic: World News Reports from Middle East TV For 12/21/04:

The nation's only uncensored compilation of daily television news reports from more than 15 countries in the Middle East. QuickTime Video.
http://snipurl.com/bjoy

===

William Pfaff : Torture reconsidered: Shock, awe and the human body :

A historian in the future, or a moralist, is likely to deem the Bush administration's enthusiasm for torture the most striking aspect of its war against terrorism.
http://207.44.245.159/article7538.htm

===

FBI files implicate Bush in Iraqi jail abuses
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-1411944,00.html

===

This web site represents the effort of one person.

I need your help to offset the costs associated with site hosting and bandwidth usage. If you find this site informative please help by clicking here
http://207.44.245.159/support.htm

===

In case you missed it:

Video Documentary: Losing Hearts & Minds:

The US military has maintained that the abuse of prisoners in Iraq was the work of rogue soldiers like Lynndie England and poor supervision. Whatever the cause, US authorities insist that those practices have now ended. Tonight, author and journalist John Martinkus reveals a rather different account.
http://207.44.245.159/article7531.htm

===

The Sinister Plan :

The chilling reality of what Fallujah has become is only now seeping out, as the American military continues to block almost all access to the city, whether to reporters, its former residents, or aid groups like the Red Crescent Society.
http://www.outlookindia.com/full.asp?fodname=20041221&fname=fallujah&sid=1

http://snipurl.com/bjp2

===

Cartoon: Bush Warns Iraq And Syria
http://www.cristianfleming.org/index.php?d=12/22/04

===

Bush puts Iran, Syria on notice:

US President George W. Bush today told Iran and Syria not to interfere in Iraq's internal politics, saying the United States had a variety of ways to retaliate if the two countries failed to heed his warning.
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,11750204%255E1702,00.html

http://snipurl.com/bifs

===

U.S. company to pull out of Iraq :

Contrack International Inc. has become the first major US contractor to pull out of the reconstruction effort in Iraq, the Los Angeles Times said Wednesday, adding that high security costs were to blame.
http://www.iribnews.ir/Full_en.asp?news_id=184473

===

Linda McQuaig: "Its The Crude Dude! War, Big Oil, And The Fight For The Planet": Webcast:

Linda McQuaig, new book tells us how the world’s most powerful industry and history’s most lethal army are having their way with the planet
http://www.workingtv.com/itsthecrudedude.html

===

Suicide Bombing - Crime against Humanity?:

Not as linear as you might think.......
http://peacepalestine.blogspot.com/2004/12/suicide-bombing-crime-against-humanity.html

http://snipurl.com/bjp3

===

Venezuela's Chavez arrives in China with eye on oil deals:

During his five-day state visit, Chavez will meet with Chinese leaders including President Hu Jintao to exchange views on bilateral relations and international issues of common concern, the Xinhua news agency said.
http://www.turkishpress.com/world/news.asp?id=041222184405.6ci0xhuu.xml

http://snipurl.com/bjpe

===

Cleric: Bethlehem today is a 'prison':

Bethlehem, the traditional birthplace of Jesus, has been turned into a large prison by the separation barrier Israel is building in the West Bank, the top Roman Catholic clergyman in the Holy Land said Tuesday.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2004-12-21-bethlehem_x.htm

===

Iran Has Detained Over more than 10 people on Spy Charges :

"These people were spying for Mossad and CIA," IRNA quoted Yunesi as saying. He was referring to the Israel's external secret service and the Central Intelligence Agency.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/IRAN_NUCLEAR_SPIES?SITE=VTBUR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

http://snipurl.com/bjp5

===

Press fails to press Bush:

White House reporters ask softball questions just to gain favor with the president and his senior staff. It's a concept known by a technical nomenclature: sucking up to sources.
http://24hour.startribune.com/24hour/opinions/story/1946812p-9924293c.html

http://snipurl.com/bjp6

===

14 give $250,000 each to Bush fete :

More than a dozen wealthy Bush supporters have donated $250,000 each to help pay for the president's second inauguration, which is shaping up as one of the most expensive.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1219inaugural19.html

===

National Homeless Persons' Memorial Day:

There are more than 3.5 million homeless Americans nationwide. An estimated 3,000 died last year, and the homeless coalition expects that figure to rise this year. The No. 1 cause of death was natural causes, followed by homicide, suicide and hypothermia
http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBGFEFI13E.html

===

Shift to Foreign Stocks Sapping the Dollar:

Thanks in large part to the dollar's weakness, returns on foreign shares overall have significantly outpaced U.S. market returns since 2002. Foreign stock mutual funds have gained 12% a year, on average, over the last three years, compared with a 4.9% average annual gain for domestic stock funds
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/latimests/20041220/ts_latimes/shifttoforeignstockssappingthedollar

http://snipurl.com/bjp7

===

The National Institutes of Health: Public Servant or Private Marketer?:

A continuing examination by The Times shows an unabashed mingling of science and commerce.
http://ktla.trb.com/news/health/ktla-na-nih22dec22-lat,0,7966628.story?coll=ktla-news-1

http://snipurl.com/bjp8

===

The End Of Warfare:

Against the most heavily armed opponent in the history of War, Fallujah has still not let itself be "taken" to date. The mightiest military machine in history has met its match.
http://207.44.245.159/article7529.htm

===
Liberty can not be preserved without general knowledge among people." (August 1765) John Adams

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/