[Media-watch] Jo Wilding at ColdType

Tony Sutton tonysutton at newsdesign.net
Fri Apr 30 21:04:45 BST 2004

COLDTYPE.NET / April 30

Don't miss the Fifth of Jo Wilding's reports from Iraq . . .

Baghdad: April 28, 2004 ­ Death Of My Wife

³I opened the door to the bedroom and saw light coming in through the
ceiling but it was full of smoke and dust. I couldn¹t see anything. I was
trying to feel my way, to touch something, calling Israa, Israa. I found her
body with her belly open and her bowels outside²"
Download Jo Wilding's latest report at: http://www.coldtype.net

--------------

PLUS ­ A new essay from David Miller, editor of the book, Tell Me Lies

Caught In The Matrix: Lies & Distortion
In The Search For Truth

"Political debate in the mainstream in the US and UK increasingly resembles
the dystopian vision encapsulated in the film the Matrix. Here the reality
of human bondage to the system is disguised by a sophisticated virtual
reality ­ the matrix ­ from which it is difficult, to break free. ­ In
matrix world, Iraq had and may still have Weapons of Mass Destruction. In
the real world it did not. ­ In matrix world there were links between Iraq
and Al- Qaeda. In the real world there were not. . ."
Download David Miller's 14-page essay at: http://www.coldtype.net

PLUS ­ Read the latest contributions from our regular columnists ­ John
Pilger, George Monbiot, Uri Avnery, Norman Solomon, Michael I. Niman and our
OtherVoices section at:
http://www.coldtype.net/columns.04.html
NOTE: IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE INCLUDED IN  - OR REMOVED FROM - OUR MAIL UPDATES,
PLEASE CONTACT: editor at coldtype.net