[Media-watch] FW: Inside Falluja

Julie-ann Davies jadavies2004 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 22:28:50 BST 2004

Pentagon's response to Jo Wilding's article:

http://www.opendemocracy.net/debates/article-2-95-1843.jsp

Our editor Caspar Henderson asked the Pentagon for a response to this
article. They sent us this:

Dear Mr Henderson

There are those who falsely report that US forces are targeting
non-combatants. The truth is, US forces have attempted to protect civilians
to the best of their ability. When US forces are attacked we apply the
appropriate, proportionate combat power to eliminate that resistance. With
respect to the Marines in Fallujah, they are being very deliberate and
precise in the application of their combat power to prevent non-combatant
casualties in the area.

Respectfully,

Bruce Frame
Capt, U.S. Marines