[Media-watch] State of the Media

Julie-ann Davies jadavies2004 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 22:41:37 BST 2004

Apologies if this has been posted before but it does seem to be an very interesting site.
JA

http://www.stateofthemedia.org/

The State of the News Media 2004 is an inaugural effort to provide a
comprehensive look each year at the state of American journalism.

Our goal is to put in one place as much original and aggregated data as
possible about each of the major journalism sectors.

For each area, we have produced original research and aggregated existing
data into a comprehensive look at many of the pressing issues facing the
news media. In addition, we have collected the statistical data in an
interactive area called Charts & Tables where users can customize their own
charts.

The study is the work of the Project for Excellence in Journalism, an
institute affiliated with Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.
The study is funded by the Pew Charitable Trusts, and was produced with a
number of partners, including Rick Edmonds, Andrew Tyndall, Esther Thorson,
and Princeton Survey Research Associates International.