[Media-watch] Recommended

YvonneMarshall Brotherhoods at stevenston4.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Sep 18 22:31:43 BST 2003

Dear Lesley Riddoch Show People,

Congratulations on today's show. It was a classic.

It cannot be easy to find pro-war shills who manage, with such apparent ease,  to be so consistently ignorant and offensive - it makes for splendid entertainment. Presumably Eric Joyce and his doppelgangers (come on now, we all know there has to be more than one of him..)  were all busy elsewhere, otherwise we would've been treated to his stunning acumen regarding all matters Iraq-related. However, judging by the e-mails and text messages Lesley dictated, it seems that people are soundly fed-up with George Foulkes. It's really unfair.  I'm sending The Riddoch Show a large roll of indestructible Duck tape, and I'd be grateful if, when George next turns up at your studio, you could use it to completely wrap-up his whole head. (His whole head ?... perhaps I'd better make that two rolls...) This is for George's benefit. Then he could squeak in the background as you use the time to interview people who have something interesting to say. Perhaps that would be an infringement of George's inalienable human rights to express his opinions, but we would all know the jist of what the squeaks meant anyway, and removing the tape - thus allowing him to use full words, construct sentences etc - would only weaken his case, as it did today.
Foulkes suggested that many Labour buddies of his are avoiding appearing on the Riddoch Show, but wouldn't identify them - poor sowels are a bitty scared methinks. No matter. George will surely remain on call, along with Jim Wylie and Eric Joyce and Rosemary McKenna and all the other Blair loyalists who, presumably, will fight one another tooth and nail to secure a space near their Glorious Leader when he steps into the dock at the Hague to face War Crimes charges. In the meantime, as the availability of such war-apologists gets ever-scarcer, perhaps the Riddoch Show would consider talking to some of the people who, over the past two years, have been getting on with the messy, lonely, tedious work of trying to establish what really happened on Sep 11th 2001.  Such people used to be called 'investigative journalists', but in recent times they are more commonly referred to as 'cranks' and 'conspiracy theorists'. The link below contains many names, and I'm quite sure that any one of them would make a refreshing change from the usual suspects who have, by fair means or foul, monopolised your show. Having said that, please bring back Eric Joyce as often as you can, because one of these days he will be forced to use the words 'I', 'wrong' and 'was' in the same sentence, and none of us would want to miss that.

Would we ?

As always, best regards, and keep up the great work,

Ian Brotherhood
I think you might find this of interest!       http://www.rense.com/general41/compli.htm