[Media-watch] Re: Media-watch Digest, Vol 7, Issue 1

Tony Sutton tonysutton at newsdesign.net
Tue Sep 2 13:38:02 BST 2003

NEW AT COLDTYPE.NET

I traveled to South Africa three weeks ago, determined to update ColdType
three or four times a week. Unfortunately - due to a combination of bad
internet connections, hard work helping a couple of newspapers, and late
night partying with clients - the postings didn't happen.

The good news, however, is today's omnibus catch-up postings ­ from George
Monbiot (three new columns), John Pilger (three new columns), Norman Solomon
(two new columns), Antonia Zerbisias (two new columns), and Michael I. Niman
(two new columns). Check them out at http://www.coldtype.net

Danny Schechter's daily weblog, however, was too much for me to convert to
pdf files. It will, however, be back this week . . . meanwhile, look out for
the updated hard-copy edition of his book, Embedded: Weapons Of Mass
Deception, origiannly published by ColdType as an e-book, which will hit the
bookshops in October. More details later . . .

­ Tony Sutton, editor

COMING SOON
1. In The Jungle ­ this award-winning story by Rian Malan tells how a South
African songwriter died in poverty, although he was the writer of one of the
world's most popular songs. If he didn't get rich, who did? Find out in our
next e-book.
2. Castles In The North, a great new photo-essay from Northern Ireland by
celebrated young English photographer Jonathan Olley.

NOTE: We're continually updating coldtype.net, so bookmark
http://www.coldtype.net and keep checking for great - and relevant  -
writing and photography

NOTE: IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE INCLUDED IN  - OR REMOVED FROM - OUR MAIL UPDATES,
PLEASE CONTACT: editor at coldtype.net