[Media-watch] letters to politicians + newspapers

Rose Frain rose.miracles at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Oct 22 14:09:12 BST 2003

Dear Sigi, I always get replies to my emails and letters from both my MP and MSP.

Replies to emails from my Westminster MP only started happening when I pointed out (via email) that I what I was sending was 'an electronic letter' ie not a mass mail-out, and  that I value my time highly and do not have an assistant.

I imagine they all receive shoals of emails and letters. But then they also have assistants.

I have never received an acknowledgment from Tony Blairs office however, in spite of having to include all ones contact details (on the Locata website), but I always do from George Bush's, albeit a form acknowledgment.
Nothing from A Sharon et al either  ....

I've had replies from Independent journalists on a range of topics, and I know they are worked extremely hard there.

Suggest you test by writing under a nom de guerre?

send update please (!)
Best wishes
Rose F