[Media-watch] George

Billy Clark billy.clark at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 28 17:14:13 GMT 2003

Dear All

I wonder if any other mediawatchers were sent this ridiculous piece of
chutzpah from George Galloway.  Having recently noticed something is
amiss with the Labour party he's getting round to ousting the Labour
party at some point, will be getting a web site together at some point
and then starting a new political party for us at em... some point,
meanwhile we can fork out some money: NOW as opposed to later.  I've
lost count of how many elected officials I have representing me, not
counting George Bush, but I know they're there and have the bills and
the psychosis to prove it.

I'm not looking for the opportunity to make a donation "to the
movement" - I actually would like something from these cunts.  And
certainly not a reminder of the failure of old cold war lefties.

Billy

A new political movement is born

Dear Friend,

Thank for contacting me and expressing interest. As you will no doubt be
aware I have been expelled from the Labour party for my views on the
illegal war and occupation of Iraq. I am writing to inform you of the
launch of a 'unity' coalition which I and others have formed and which
will put up candidates throughout England and Wales at the forthcoming
European and Greater London Authority elections in June. Among those who
spoke at the launch last night were Ken Loach, the filmmaker;
environmental activist George Monbiot; trade union leaders Bob Crow and
Linda Smith; Salma Yaqoob of the Birmingham Muslim community and
anti-war organiser John Rees.

I hope you will consider supporting this new movement. You can join it,
you can financially contribute to it, or simply vote for it to register
your protest at the policy of endless war, uncontrolled globalisation,
environmental vandalism and privatisation of our public services, which
are the hallmarks of Tony Blair's premiership.

We are in the process of constructing a website at www.blairout.com
where you can learn further details of what is certain to be massive
popular movement. I will also be writing to you periodically (and as
funds permit!) with updates on our progress. I would also welcome any
comments or suggestions you have which may aid our fight for
representative democracy in Britain and Europe.

Should you wish to make a donation to the movement - funds are urgently
required -

Yours sincerely,

George Galloway MP