[Media-watch] calljonathandimbleby@bbc.co.uk

Liz Curtis liz at irish-media.com
Sat Mar 29 09:33:43 GMT 2003

Dear Jonathan Dimbleby,

It is unbearable to walk about in the sunshine thinking of the horrible
suffering being inflicted on the people of Iraq by our government and the
Americans. They should stop the war now. It's already far too late to rescue
their international reputation.

As for the TV coverage, Channel Four News seems to be the only bulletin
worth watching, because it brings news from many perspectives and maintains
a sceptical stance, though I would like to hear more from Europe and the
Arab states. The BBC's Rageh Omaar is very good as well, as he has a human
response to what he sees, and says what he thinks. The worst coverage I have
seen is on BBC 24, which seems to be utter drivel.

Yours sincerely,

Liz Curtis
tel 028 9023 6758 (Belfast)